And it begins. Stump XJ's trailer build.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
oh no!!...say it ain't so StumpyMo!!

Another convert to the teardrop side?

Best of luck with the sale!

Im just going to skip right over the teardrop phase and likely go into a modified popup camper. I need the floor space... :ylsmoke:

~ Stump.

Heifer Boy

Adventurer
Another awesome job. I can't wait to see the new build happening.

The only trouble with threads like these is they really remind me I have to learn how to weld someday...

Inspirational :Wow1:

HB

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I sold the trailer several months ago, and I assume its being used. Cherokee has been lovingly dubbed the Teal **********, and would lose all its character now if I changed the color... besides, White ********** is prolly not socially acceptable. :) I will probably leave it as is for now, atleast until I change my mind...

I have a new Pop-up camper, and have been slowly modifying to suit our needs, but its working quite well so far.

medic83

Observer
Sean, I got the gas springs from McMaster Carr. It was wierd, I ordered them on Sunday night online, they said they would ship out on Monday morning, and I got them at 2pm on Monday. The same day they shipped out. I can honestly say that has never happened before!

Here is where they start in the catalog, and go for a couple pages. Good info in there too.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-springs/=5ctvph

Here are the actual ones I got, came with the ends and everything. For $21 bucks each, I figured I couldnt go wrong.

Part number 4138T63 (250 pound)

http://www.mcmaster.com/#4138t63/=5ctwen

Thanks!

I was going to ask how folks kept their tanks from freezing... I guess that answers my question! I will wait to see what the temps will be before filling up. Honestly, I probably wont have the pump and battery wired up anyway, so I wont be using it. If there are also any chances of precip, the trailer wont be going since it likely wont be painted by then.

Nice build. I am deciding on struts for my lid. I know mine is heavier than yours and I was gonna get 2 - 250lb struts. Does yours fling open? My lid is like 120 lbs. RTT is like another 120. Im gonna say it will be 300lbs. approx. You think I should get two 300lb struts?

HavenInTheHills

Power Wheels Pilot
Did you ever get a chance to weigh your trailer. I am considering a pretty similar build on a 5x8 utility trailer I have and it would probably end up near the same weight as yours was.

Heavyopp

Observer
I'm thinking class action lawsuit against photo bucket for destroying the internet...

Lots of really good articles destroyed by nothing more than greed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy