And so it begins....

Willman

One more question......After the spring over........How much more lift did you get?...Looks like about 4" or so....

:chowtime:

CodyLX450

Adventurer
Well I got the tub finished - holes patched, POR15'd, rubberized bedliner inside, a layer of black indoor/outdoor carpeting on the floor, and new light tan paint outside (looks almost white with the camera flash).

I sprayed the fenders a black color to get an idea of how it will look and decide on my paint lines for the rhinoliner outside.

I'm pretty sure I'll spray the tub under the fenders, and I'm thinking my horizontal line will be about 2" below the reflectors, so everything below that line will be black rhinoliner.

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

CodyLX450

Adventurer
Some new pics today..

The king size Overland tent actually fits INSIDE of the M100 trailer. Of course I can't leave it that low if I want to open it, so next week I'll be off to the fab shop have them build an aluminum lid to mount the tent on.

In the stock receiver location, even with the adjustable height hitch the trailer does not mount level as shown in the pics.

I'll have even more height to deal with with the larger tires once I have them mounted, but with the 4x4labs bumper, it should even out my receiver height issue.

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

Willman

Like the paint job their Cody!:)

Have you ordered your huge set of tires and matching rims for your trailer yet?

Wonder how it will pull with those huge meats on their?????

Willman

hey Cody......

One more question......Did you trailer...trailer any different after the spring over?

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I've towed the trailer around town getting it registered. The only difference I could notice after the SOA swap was that I could SEE the trailer in my rear view now.

It bounces around a bit over bumps when empty as its quite light. 300lbs worth of new rims and tires and 120lbs or so of RTT should fix that.

Now I just need to find 2 - LX450 rims...

IMG_0534.jpg

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I actually mounted and bolted up the wheel/tire combo to determine the exact spacer size I will need.

The plan as of the last few days was to look into cutting the fender down the center and add in sheet metal to make it wide enough to cover the big tires.

The current fender arch won't work with the new tire diameter, so it looks like I'll have to have a fab shop custom make a set. The local trailer shop said its beyond what they can order or build.

My 5 year old daughter really makes the tires/trailer look HUGE...lol

IMG_0538.jpg

Looks like 2" spacers will cover it instead of 3".

IMG_0539.jpg

The stock 80 bottle jack is fully extended, and won't even reach the axle anymore.

IMG_0540.jpg

Willman

Looking good Cody!

Whens the spacers coming???

Looks like your due for the 60" high lift!:REExeSquatsHL1:

:)

CodyLX450

Adventurer
Haha, yeah. Anyone wanna trade a brand new 48" hilift for a 60"?

I'll browse ebay for some 2" Toyota wheel spacers...I know they're always listed in several different auctions on there.

I still have to find a pair of LX450 rims. Any ideas where to pick some up?

Ive been posting on MUD everywhere and haven't been able to find any. :(

60seriesguy

Adventurer
Go custom on the fenders and build some utility into the design (get some flat space for camp or add some mounts for gear):

Willman

60seriesguy said:
Go custom on the fenders and build some utility into the design (get some flat space for camp or add some mounts for gear):

Nice find......Is that your trailer????

Got a link for the fenders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman