Another 80 question - purchase question

AMSarge

Observer
Alright guys, I have already bothered mudskipper about Rovers now I need some info on TLC 80 series.

I test drove a '96 with 167,000 miles today. Truck is owned by a retired man who has had it since 38,000 miles (8 years ago). Mods include: ARB front bumper with warn winch, Kaymar rear bumper, IPF front lights, OME suspension, 32" GY MTRs (3000 miles), dual battery, and a 38 gallon fuel tank. Does not have factory lockers or the CDL switch installed (has switch just never installed it). He has the full service history too. It has not been wheeling much, only a couple of times to Moab. Front drivers seat has some tears but otherwise it looks great. He is asking $8900.

Sound good? Bad?

Thanks,
Andy

clarkrw3

Observer
Hard to say....80's these days are going for STUPID low prices and miles are high. Mods are always interesting in resale they don't add that much to the value depends if they are mods you would do. With mine it seems every mod I have now ripped out and redone so for me it would have been better to buy something completely stock. Not having lockers was always a deal breaker for me. ARB's might be better depending on who you ask but for me with all the mods I wanted to do 3k for lockers was not something I wanted to do right away so...bought with lockers.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
AMSarge said:
Alright guys, I have already bothered mudskipper about Rovers now I need some info on TLC 80 series.

I test drove a '96 with 167,000 miles today. Truck is owned by a retired man who has had it since 38,000 miles (8 years ago). Mods include: ARB front bumper with warn winch, Kaymar rear bumper, IPF front lights, OME suspension, 32" GY MTRs (3000 miles), dual battery, and a 38 gallon fuel tank. Does not have factory lockers or the CDL switch installed (has switch just never installed it). He has the full service history too. It has not been wheeling much, only a couple of times to Moab. Front drivers seat has some tears but otherwise it looks great. He is asking $8900.

Sound good? Bad?

Thanks,
Andy

Just the mods would be well over $6,000 retail. Even if you did the half of new price rule, it would be about a $6,000 for the truck alone.
If he did some good maintence on it-it sounds like a good deal. It depends on the overall condition too, I've seen cars w/ 70K miles that are beat and 200K miles that look new.

Besides, there is something to be said for saving time on and expense on adding that stuff yourself. It's not worthless if you need/want it.

Remember a vehicle is worth what you are willing to pay for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online