Another Troopy Build (Yawn)

xtfritz

Observer
Fantastic looking troopy! Quite enviable indeed. I do look forward to seeing your roof rack installed, just something about the 'safari ready' look that I just can't get over.

Cheers!

BTW You're too lucky to live in a cold climate, Houston for a Montana boy is just too warm..

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I just realized that your Troopy is the one that I was checking out in the Safari-Ltd parking lot this spring. Nice rig, with the Saudi stickers and all.

GaryMc

Explorer
Two to six more weeks. (sigh)

The final paperwork was sent to the Denver office, instead of being handled locally like I thought it would be, and awaits their high approval.

MDH33

Observer
Is Hugh at Safari ltd importing these regularly? And if so, has the title trouble been the same with all of them?

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
GaryMc said:
Two to six more weeks. (sigh)

The final paperwork was sent to the Denver office, instead of being handled locally like I thought it would be, and awaits their high approval.

Doh! :smilies27

-H-

GaryMc

Explorer
MDH33 said:
Is Hugh at Safari ltd importing these regularly? And if so, has the title trouble been the same with all of them?

No, hes not importing on a regular basis. Some titles go quickly and smoothly, esp. if you get a title clerk who is very nit picky. Unfortunately we have have a nit picker every step of the way on this one.
When the VIN inspection was done back in the spring the state trooper doing the inspection was in disbelief at all of the hoops that we had to jump through on this rig.
I don't blame Hugh one bit, he wants the rig finished and out of his shop just as much as I do.

GaryMc

Explorer
I went and sat in the Troppy a few days ago and made "vroom vroom" noises.
Looks like my winter trip will be postponned.:smilies27

(sigh)

GaryMc

Explorer
No title yet . Hugh is confident enough that he and Jim have started digging into the guts of the Troopy, new Aisin hubs, front end service, new brake cylinders, checking the wiring, etc. Hopefully Safari will started on the tranny/transfer case swap last week.....

I'm out of town but will take some photos of the truck on the lift late this coming week.

Last edited:

GaryMc

Explorer
Due to a state bueracrats lazieness/incompetence there has been yet another multi-week delay.

I am officially pissed.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Geez, Gary, this makes me very glad I didn't do the same thing with my Troopy. You have more patience than I, sir.

-H-

former520

Observer
I do not know if it is the same there in the DMV as it is here in our plan review section, but... What we have been facing in the building industry is that with the slow down and jobs up on the chopping block every one in the city/ state dept's are making it difficult for everyone. They think that by making it tough, turning down easy things and having it redone it make them look like they are doing a better job than the next person. So they are making your life tough to try and make themselves look good and keep there jobs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl