Another Troopy Build (Yawn)

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
...hence why mine's titled as a 1980 model...darn computers don't like Toyota 10 digit vins after 1981....

-H-

GaryMc

Explorer
Jacket said:
Man - that's a downer. What's the state saying at this point?

Apparently imported vehicles go through a "special office" and the people that work in said special office are very behind in their work.
A call to them last week put my VIN 1 to 2 weeks out...... We'll see.

In the meantime all major work has stopped until the VIN plate has been installed by the state patrol.
I've got an amazing array of parts taking up a lot of room at Safari Ltd. and I'm sure Hugh is as ready as I am to get the show on the road.
In the meantime I have also decided to get the rig painted once the mechanical work is done.

Hltoppr said:
You can still take some pictures of it.

-H- :coffeedrink:

I could if it weren't packed in like a sardine with a dozen other cruisers. I'll take my camera over and see what I can do though.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I would gladly store some of the extra parts on my Troopy...let me get you a list....:sombrero:

It'll happen...I was in the same boat when it took 12 weeks to get my registration paperwork....whilst the Troopy sat in the garage...

-H-

GaryMc

Explorer
Christ on a cracker. 8 months of wating.

We are good to go as soon as we get the title search form back from California (point of import), the paperwork was theoretically mailed back to us (clear title) on Monday... Next stop is the DMV and we have a title since Colorado installed thr new VIN plate in early July.
Now, I've been waiting on this rig since January and have lost my motivation. What's up with that? I'm actually considering selling the FJ-45 and buying a new Taco now. Am I out of my mind?
Please talk me back into the Troopie.

blupaddler

Conspirator
You might as well just trade me your Troopy for my 80.
:beer:

Don't worry, all your doubt, will soon fade away... Once you get to walk out the door everyday to that beautiful rig... Add to that when you get to DRIVE the Troopy on a regular, if not daily basis. (seriously jealous)

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
So you've been sweating this girl for 8 months, you've finally got her number and now that you're on the verge of getting a date with her, you've lost interest??

Close the deal, man. Close the deal. :violent-smiley-031:

Go read Hltoppr's thread and find the inspiration.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
So you've been sweating this girl for 8 months, you've finally got her number and now that you're on the verge of getting a date with her, you've lost interest??

Close the deal, man. Close the deal. :violent-smiley-031:

Go read Hltoppr's thread and find the inspiration.

Classic advice. :xxrotflma

I thought my five trips to NV DMV were bad. I feel for you. Go back and re-read your first few posts, you'll feel the love again.

I love driving my 45 around. I really do and so will you.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
It's frustrating to have these things sitting in the garage...mine was for three months...

You did your registration 100% correctly, which will add value to that rig.

I have those days too...especially when I think about getting the front doors to fit exactly how I want them to, and tracking down that elusive rattle...

Sometimes the beauty of a new, late model rig is that the "boring" stuff, such as weatherstripping, rustproofing and electrical clean up is not there to do, and you can focus on the fun bolt on stuff, like bumpers, winches etc.

You're almost there! The fun will be driving this Troopy, and everyone who will point at you as you go down the street; the whispers of "He just drove from Africa!" and the like....folks always come up and share their stories!

(Hence why I keep a box of Overland Journals in the back....:ylsmoke: )

Maybe a quick, 3 day "Troopy Trek" through part of Southern Utah will bring some love....:smiley_drive: :beer:

-H-

gearguywb

Explorer
I don't think it's worth the wait....I will be in Junction the last week of September and can pick it up from you then :)

GaryMc

Explorer
gearguywb said:
I don't think it's worth the wait....I will be in Junction the last week of September and can pick it up from you then :)

Let me know when you're here. I'll buy the :beer:

Three day jaunt throught Southern Utah? Did I miss a thread?

gearguywb

Explorer
I'll be in town the 24-26th (September). Will probably stop by and see Hugh. Would love to check out your Troopie and have a brew!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl