Any 7.3 gasser owners?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Yes... I think 99% of us would prefer to have this always on. The aggravating and dangerous aspect is that you have to push a button after every start. So sometimes you forget to turn it on or turn it off... which means the response of the throttle can be very different than what you expect.

Single biggest gripe I have about our Superduty. Though throttle response doesn't seem affected on our 2012
I use it for holding/delaying shifts pulling hills, and better downshifts on downgrades.

rruff

Explorer
Single biggest gripe I have about our Superduty.
I think I hate traction control more... don't know who the genius was who determined that it was a good idea to make your car/truck refuse to turn its wheels when it gets slippery... and disabling that is a process.

It would be fine if we could turn these things on or off and it would stay that way, but no...

Skinhyfish

Observer
Very happy with our 7.3L Godzilla F350. We ordered it specifically as an Offroad/ Overland vehicle and didn’t want the added weight or complexity of a modern diesel engine. My GVWR is 11,499lbs and fully loaded with my Supertramp camper and all our stuff we are still below 10k on a CAT Scale. With the 4.30 gears (it’s a TREMOR) and 37” tires I’m getting close to 11 mpg over 12,000 miles already driven. It’s a designated camping vehicle so not driven besides trips but we couldn’t be happier with the choice.

With your 4.30 gears and 37in tires.. what’s your RPMs at 70mph?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal