Anyone Know What This Is?

ttravis5446

Adventurer
There is a Bakery of some sort in Boulder, CO that has a restored 2CV with the van body on it. That thing is sweet.

Zorro

Adventurer
lowenbrau,
That's correct, the "horses" are fiscal horses. In France, cars have a fiscal rating in "horses". Determines how much you pay in insurance, plates and whatnot.
Many day to day cars are 6-7CV, the 2CV was ... well, 2.

rallyroo,
the 2CV is DEFINITELY expedition worthy. Heck my dad and some buddies drove from France to Syria in one! I wish he had pictures ... I'll settle for the stories! :)
Here's a list of 2CV expeditions ...
http://website.lineone.net/~lcvaisey/exped.htm
I remember one in particular, in a south american desert, the driver had run out of oil or gas (can't remember which), and resorted to pouring banana juice instead ... and made it safe and sound to the next city!

For kicks, check out the 2CV Sahara, 4WD, 2 engines! French company Voisin makes 4WD 2CVs as well.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
lowenbrau said:
In West Africa (probably all other French speaking countries too) they call 2CVs Deux Cheveaux meaning "Two Horse" I expect they have a bit more power than that but not likely much.

In Spain I heard them reffered to as 'Dos Caballos.'

7echo

Adventurer
I have a friend that is fond of Citroen. I always pronounce it citron : )
Aggravates him every time and gets him started on the list of all the technical advances they have made over the years.

2cv wayne

The Dyane's older sister, the Citroen 2CV, is certainly an awesome expedition vehicle! Ours, Buffy the Empire Slayer, took us from London to Ulan Baataar, Mongolia in 2006. 8700 miles of which over 4000 had no surface at all! Both she and the Dyane boast 29hp max (when new, which they never are!), and Buffy was our comfortable home all the way (ok we are married) but I am 6'ft 4"! She stayed in UB, but if anyone has ever seen her....

Attachments

• P1030478.jpg
    P1030478.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 62
  • P1030550_2.jpg
    P1030550_2.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 61

tamangel

Adventurer
I always liked their vans..

the older H van shown here was my favorite..

Mike

Attachments

• BWCit 1.JPG
    BWCit 1.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 31
  • BWCit 2.JPG
    BWCit 2.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 31

2cv wayne

No worries. With a large sieve and a little more practice at getting photos to stay attached, I'll get a new thread up later today. Cant sing the praises of the ol' girl enough. Just on plans for her successor...

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
motomech said:
I want a smart car.....but i don't want it for a "Car".
I want it as a toy, I've always wanted to ride inside of my hot wheels and R/C cars!
I want a smart car too!
I allways wanted a car I could drive around inside my living room like my Grandchildren.:luxhello:
Curtis

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Thought you all might like to see what else you can do with a 2CV.

2CV motor, gearbox and running gear anyway. A fellow I know here just finished this a little while back. IIRC It was a originally an English kit but he handmade a lot of what you see. That nose cone was hand beaten from a single sheet of brass.

3187158825_bd8b11259b_o.jpg

Carriesname

10.5 clowns

proven fact, 10.5 full sized ringling brothers clowns were able to fit into a smart car and drive it 30 feet. big shows and all.

And er NO....I was not included in that mess, yet I have been in a phone booth though.....anyone still remember what they look like?

Carrie <{:O)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk