Anyone running a Bronco?

kjp1969

Explorer
I know the 4BT swap was mentioned above, but as I was going through the "What to replace the 80 series with?" problem, I got the idea to buy a 96 Bronco and a 96 PowerStroke truck. Swap the diesel and associated electronics (Computer, complete wiring harness) into the bronco and you'd have a near factory quality swap. I know somebody has to have done this already somewhere...right...it's not my original idea...

What about shortening the frame on the F350 and rebodying it with the Bronco sheet metal? It might actually be an easier/cheaper way to get the diesel and 1 ton running gear. . .

chasespeed

Explorer
Yep, that is what I think would be a better option. BUT, if your going that far, Build a Centurian..... 4dr Bronc.... :wings:

Love those things, and have wanted one since I can remember, they are just never for sale when I have the funds....

Chase

Stan the Man

Adventurer
What about shortening the frame on the F350 and rebodying it with the Bronco sheet metal? It might actually be an easier/cheaper way to get the diesel and 1 ton running gear. . .

That would actually be a lot more work. You'd be surprised what you can get done to a bronco in a couple of weekends.

strange

Observer
ive got a 95 FSB with a 4bt
the fsb will deffinantly (<== i hate that stupid word) give you more room and a better ride then an eb
PLENTY of torque
the swap was relatively easy, 19city 25 highway
and as for the maneuverability, it turns as tight as my sisters liberty, i still grin when i go full lock in that thing, pretty sweet trade off, full size strength and room, with the short suv maneuverability

Stan the Man

Adventurer
the fsb will deffinantly (<== i hate that stupid word) give you more room and a better ride then an eb
PLENTY of torque
and as for the maneuverability, it turns as tight as my sisters liberty, i still grin when i go full lock in that thing, pretty sweet trade off, full size strength and room, with the short suv maneuverability

Agreed, I make turns civics can't make. It might be due to driver error though :bike_rider:

Explore Oregon

Drive a 93 FSB lightly modified so far (4” lift 33” tires). One of the things that surprised me the first time I had to turn around on a trail was how small the turning circle is.

Viggen

Just here...
PLENTY of torque

Really? Id be interested in this. Any pics? How is it now with the extra weight up front?

strange

Observer
Really? Id be interested in this. Any pics? How is it now with the extra weight up front?

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154294&highlight=riddance

Here is the engine swap, im gonna put a short little thread on this site once the actually useful overland stuff gets added on, right now it was just get it ready for daily driver duty and pulling my trailer, its almost wheelin season.

As for the added weight, im not sure, i went from stock suspension, to new springs so it feels different anyways, dosent feel nose heavy or anything tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk