ARB Bumper and accessories for the H3

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
MoGas said:
The ARB photograph that shows the H3 almost climbing almost looks like a scale model to me. I'm sure it isn't, it just has that "look" to it.

Dave

It does look like an r/c car or model. That was one of the first things I thought when I saw the pictures as well.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
It does look like an r/c car or model. That was one of the first things I thought when I saw the pictures as well.

I'm not a photographer, but maybe it was over enhanced or something. I've also seen pics of scale models that you would swear are real cars.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
MoGas said:
There is a reason that Toyota doesn't sell the FJC in OZ, and I believe that they (Toyota) know that it can't hold up to the constant bush use.

Actually to the contrary. I'm on Prado Point and one of the OZ's Matt (LiveFreeAndRoam) came up for our Spring Mudfling event this weekend at George Washington National Forest with the Toyota Trail Teams. He was thoroughly impressed with the bashing and abuse we were able to give it. and commented on how most OZ vehicles were unable to take the abuse we dealt out.

There are many OZ's who are trying to get FJ's down there and 3 have been successful. I'm in the process of sending one down there for a mates brother who builds up rigs for "following tours". There are several threads on Prado Point and LCOOL for those wishing they had one. The FJ Cruiser's suspension, electronics, & running gear is identical to the LC Prado 120 (one for the better selling off-road vehicles in OZ.)

I am sending my personal vehicle down there for a month long get together with a bunch of off-roaders. I will post an expedition thread as soon as I am able to hash out some specifics.

-Ben

Some quotes from PP & LCOOL

Hutch said:
Their is a write up in this months 4x4 mag about the FJ cruiser coming to OZ, nothing official however senior toyota execs think they need this vehicle to appeal to the younger market.

Bring it on i reckon!!!

Pradogxlv6 said:
Sounds good to me. I will have one !!

jcas24 said:
bring it on? lemme me ring my brother and tell him to cancel his pootrol ST-L order.

MattWhite said:
IF TOYOTA READ THIS SITE AND THEY BRING OUT THE FJ TO OZ CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE OPTIONAL LOCKER!!
Sorry for yelling. :oops:

MTpockets said:
Your truck is toooo aussie Ben.....
Better send it over here, I will look after it for you till you become an aussie yaself mate !!!

Assassin Offroad said:
we would of got one for Julie instead of the Adventra, were they available here.

Damien said:
There are some kick *** look FJ's in that thread.
I wish they were brought out here.
The ultimate future retro 4WD.

MTpockets said:
Yep, I want one ... :D

StormyKnight said:
Yep me too....this would be nice parked in the driveway! :lol:
....its only a slightly modified Prado after all.....

MTpockets said:
More drool producing pics.... I can't stand it 8) 8)

teotwaki

Excelsior!
MoGas said:
I'm not a photographer, but maybe it was over enhanced or something. I've also seen pics of scale models that you would swear are real cars.

It was at Gold Mountain in Big Bear California.

Scott Brady

Founder
MoGas said:
Great, now there will be more of them that think they can go off road.....

Your comments started with this statement... You can certainly have any opinion you would like of Hummer products, but they DO perform well on the trail. The H2 is the (by far) least appealing of the bunch to me, but the H1 and H3 both are quite capable out of the box. I am not saying you can't have an opinion, but why not include so real facts and reasons why you hate the H3. To say that they cannot go off-road is patently silly, and you know that, so tell us specific reasons why you don't like them, especially when compared with current 4wd offerings.

There is no "thinking" about it, the H1 and H3 can and do perform better than most on the trail and certainly equivalent to anything Toyota is currently bringing to the US.

Again, you are welcome to make any statements you want within the confines of our forum rules (which is simply about respect), but you should also expect that others will call you out on (seemingly) baseless or misleading comments...

Scott Brady

Founder
The image on the right does look "toy like", as it was taken with a long focal length lens and shot at a very open aperture, which compresses the depth of field and makes the scale seem off.

Kind of like this image:
img_82471020710033_std.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
MoGas said:
Oh, excuuuuuuuuusssssssseeeeeee me! I was just offering my opinion. I am not being mean spirited.

I personally hold the Hummer knock offs (H2/H3) with the same feelings that I view the FJC and other vehicles that I will not own. I won't have another newer Rover product either. That's my opinion.

If I am not allowed to have an opinion, please let me know. I understand that expeditionswest is the owner of a magazine and (I think) this site, but I kiss no one's rear end. I will express my opinion until I draw my dying breath.

I think it is a ballsy move for GM to launch the H3 in Australia. They (the Aussies) will put it through the wringer, no doubt. Time will tell. There is a reason that Toyota doesn't sell the FJC in OZ, and I believe that they (Toyota) know that it can't hold up to the constant bush use.

The 120 series frame, drivetrain and engines are shared by the Prado, 4-Runner, Lexus GX470 and the FJC. The Aussies love their Prados and they do see heavy bush use.
Water-on-Googs-track.jpg

But why muck up car bashing with facts?

mcm4090

Explorer
WOW! Look where this topic went....

If they made a singal cab HT3 I would get, but I'm open to all makes.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
The image on the right does look "toy like", as it was taken with a long focal length lens and shot at a very open aperture, which compresses the depth of field and makes the scale seem off.

Kind of like this image:
img_82471020710033_std.jpg

Very cool Scott. Thanks for the quick photo lesson.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Lynx said:
I sure love the way it looks on My H3.......

You should like the way it looks. It looks great. Have you considered started a build thread to let more people see how capable these things can be? Or some trip reports?

Guinness44

Adventurer
Take an H2, or an H3 (adventure) out of the showroom and run any trail in Moab. I have seen total beginners in a H2 going up Hells Gate, never spun a tire. Certainly the H1 dominates, by having amazing clearance, no lowhanging diffs, geared hubs, and dieseltorque. Driving, there is a H1 line, and a everything else line....(low diffs line). Whatever one chooses to drive, we got to stick together for our right of our hobby, and not get so stuck on a brand.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Lynx said:
I sure love the way it looks on My H3.......

You seem to be my GM counterpart. I have almost the same setup for my FJ Cruiser (ARB bull bar, ARB roof rack, Simpson II tent, and 7 ft. Awning). It just needs a snorkel.

I have to admit your rig looks awesome. I originally set out to purchase an H-3 and ended up with the FJ Cruiser for reasons I won't post (no arguing folks). Your rig is what could of been.

Welcome to ExPo and please post some off road adventures. I would like to see what the H-3 can do. If on the east coast let me know and you can come to one of the Bruiser events.

-Ben

-Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete