ARB bumper sales

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
The guy didn't call back, he emailed me instead. So I missed them being open. Today though.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I really hate to say this after the fact, but you should have dealt with wil. It is hard to find a company that has better customer service. I bought a fuel can from him that was defective and he sent me a new nozzle when the manufacturer wouldn't stand behind their product. I have purchased several items from Wil and it is amazing how fast he ships.
Jeff

Don't hate to say it. I already admitted the same thing in my post yesterday. But it still remains that they no longer sell the Sahara bar as a complete bumper. It still surprises me that they don't include at least one set of the buffers (rubber bumper things that cover up the welding job on the nose).

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Don't hate to say it. I already admitted the same thing in my post yesterday. But it still remains that they no longer sell the Sahara bar as a complete bumper. It still surprises me that they don't include at least one set of the buffers (rubber bumper things that cover up the welding job on the nose).

Again, the buffers are different. It is kinda ironic, people used to complain that ARB forced them to buy the upper hoop with the Sahara bar before they started selling it standalone :D

Get your parts, fall back in love with the stellar bumper and next go around work with an ARB dealer that knows the product line :D

ol' scott

Adventurer
I'm a little hesitant to believe that the hoop and buffers aren't included anymore. Is there a chance this is just the seller trying to get out of doing what they should do?

Looking at the ARB site it says that "Some features may vary between bars". What kind of vehicle did you put this on?

ETA: Kurt knows his stuff, listen to him, ignore me.

Last edited:

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I get that the buffers are different for when you run the hoop and if you don't. All I am saying is ship it with the no hole version if that is how you ship the bumper. Then list the hoop and second buffer set as an optional item in the catalog.

I understand the actuality of the situation here, and I have a good offer from ARBUSA to remedy this. And the parts are on their way as soon as they get off the boat.

It is a Sahara bar for a Prado 120 being installed on a Lexus GX470.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I get that the buffers are different for when you run the hoop and if you don't. All I am saying is ship it with the no hole version if that is how you ship the bumper. Then list the hoop and second buffer set as an optional item in the catalog.

And then the next customers starts a thread about how he had to pay for buffers he didn't use and that ARB should pull them out before they ship them ;) ARBUSA is a distributor and they send pallet loads of parts to customers all over North America. They can only assume that the customer is ordering what they need or that they have the rest of the needed part in stock. Roof racks, suspensions, some lockers, etc... all require special fit parts for different applications and wants/needs. That said, had this not been an odd ball scenario bumper... I'm confident they would have made mention of it.

I understand the actuality of the situation here, and I have a good offer from ARBUSA to remedy this. And the parts are on their way as soon as they get off the boat.

Right on, I'm excited to see the finished product on your GX, be sure to post some pics! :cool:

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I will definitely post some pictures. The guys over at ARBUSA are awaiting them as well.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
No Sahara?

I wonder why ARB is choosing to not make the Sahara for the Tacoma? I would prefer to not have the hoop.

Jeff

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Sahara vs. Deluxe Bull Bar

Instead of starting a new thread, and because this one is active and relevant-

Sahara vs. Deluxe Bull Bar For 07+ Tundra

Friday I was very close to placing an order for a Sahara front bumper and full OME suspension for my new Tundra. Chores got in the way and while running errands I was lucky to see a lifted Tundra (too tall) with the ARB Deluxe Bull Bar on it. I had also seriously considered the Deluxe Bar before deciding on the Sahara. Seeing the Deluxe Bar made me rethink everything.

It's hard to find good pictures of the two ARB bumpers for the 2007+ Tundras, but after weeks of searching I found enough of both to satisfy my mind. I think both will look good on my white truck, it's just a matter of how much weight I want to tolerate out there on the nose, and if I get grille protection or not.

Because suspension is so related to the weight of other modifications, the ARB bumpers lead me to the OME coils instead of adjustable coil-overs because the 613 springs seem to be the stoutest and most appropriate for heavy loads. There doesn't seem to be many (any?) adjustable coil-overs designed for the hundreds of pounds of weight I might add in front of the hood.

It's also hard to get good numbers about the true weight of theses bumpers. ARB has shipping weights, but that doesn't tell me how much the bumper weighs (exactly). Both the Sahara and Deluxe Bar are shipped on a pallet. I've been told the shipping weights are:

ARB Sahara 175-lb
ARB Deluxe Bar 315-325-lb (yes, both weights have been stated).

Even if there is a big difference in the pallet and crating, seems the Deluxe bar is much heavier than the Sahara, at least 100-lb. Is this difference only the big grille guard on the Deluxe or is there a difference in the construction/material on the two ARB bars?

Related to weight is the fact that for the Tundra these bumpers are designed for the M12000+ winches so this is what I plan to use, but they are also very heavy (136-lb w/ steel cable). Even with synthetic winch rope, this is lots of weight to add to the nose of any truck.

I was told by a very knowledgable ARB dealer that I need to order the bumper pads and fog lights as 'extras' to go with the Sahara, they are not included. I'm happy the chrome bar is 'an option' on the Sahara bar because I don't care for it and wasn't considering the Sahara bumper until I learned I can now get it without the chrome grille hoop.

Kurt?

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I would call ARB USA in Seattle and get it sorted out. They will know if it is included or not (I think it is). They will also deal with their resellers if they know what is good for their business!

Bogo

Adventurer
ARB Deluxe Bar 315-325-lb (yes, both weight have been stated).

Even if there is a big difference in the pallet and crating, seems the Deluxe bar is much heavier than the Sahara, at least 100-lb. Is this difference only the big grille guard on the Deluxe or is there a difference in the construction/material on the two ARB bars?

Don't know about them for your truck, I have a 4x4 mini truck with a Deluxe Bull Bar on it. The Deluxe Bull Bar was designed to protect the vehicle when a red kangaroo crossed paths with it. No roos around here, but so far I've bounced 4 deer with mine and only got scratches from the antlers on one of them and another's head dented the top of the hood on. The hood was minor and I could easily go on my way. A previous deer hit, before I had the ARB bumper, had disabled the truck so I had to limp home. I can say I'm happy with it. BTW, my Deluxe Bull Bar bumper has the hoop that goes all the way across the front. That hoop protects the headlights as well as the grill area.

Oh yeah, get a front suspension upgrade to carry the extra weight. It is nice that OME has suspension setups designed for the weight of the bumpers with winches. I don't have a winch installed in mine, but the added weight of the bumper alone made the mini truck much more likely to front end bottom out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal