ARB Skydome SWAG

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I am finally going to see one tomorrow night at Cruiser Outfitters... I'm hoping that punch and pie will be served.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Thanks to Cruiser Outfitters, I was among the first civilians to see the SWAG in person ahead of the SEMA show.... punch and pie was served. We unpacked the one man SWAG and set it up completely ignoring the instructions of course. I was surprised by how light weight and not really bulky it was, after reading the review I thought that this thing was going to weigh a ton and cancel out my cargo area.... not so much.
The SWAG set up really fast on the shop floor. Since we were on concrete, we weren't able to stake-out the front and rear or the corners but it stood up all on it's own. The more we looked at this thing, the more we found features that were super-awesome. One crowd favorite was the feature that allows you to adjust the pole position that goes down the center between the two big hoops. This allows you to adjust how much the door flap opens to either full sky view or keep a roof over your head if if it looks like rain.
The mattress was surprisingly comfortable even on the concrete floor. The materials used are very strong.... might even be bullet proof... which is pretty hardcore.

Mudrunner

Adventurer
It was neat, but I would much rather have a larger 4 season tent that I can Change in and not have to roll around to do so. I know sometimes a small footprint is needed but out where they were in that crazy video it looks like a great place for a much larger tent.

Last edited:

SRN

Adventurer
I also got the preview of this at Cruiser Outfitters. Very awesome. No wonder they are renaming the new Bond film from Skyfall to Skydome. :D

nwoods

Expedition Leader
One crowd favorite was the feature that allows you to adjust the pole position that goes down the center between the two big hoops. This allows you to adjust how much the door flap opens to either full sky view or keep a roof over your head if if it looks like rain.

Would like to see this in action.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
It was neat, but I would much rather have a larger 4 season tent that I can Change in and not have to roll around to do so. I know sometimes a small footprint is needed but out where they were in that crazy video it looks like a great place for a much larger tent.

Does ARB make one?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
SRN and I were ready to deal, you just weren't taking us seriously. Now I have to go camping in MOAB this weekend in a regular tent.... probably smells like pee.

If I recall correctly, Stephen offered $46 and you were up just over a hundred

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven