Arkansas Fall Foliage Frolicking

FJ60Cruiser

This photo says a lot!:sombrero:
IMG_6968.JPG

You never pass up a O'Reilly's or an Advanced Auto in that thing, do you Scott? :sombrero:

You never pass up a O'Reilly's or an Advanced Auto in that thing, do you Scott? :sombrero:

I live a couple blocks away from an OReillys.... But for the most part the truck stays together unless I get crazy! Went to and from Colorado with only one trip to an Autozone.... but I did stock up (On ATF )....

:sombrero:

TheBlackSheep

Observer
Wait, I thought one of the requirements for expedition'ing was owning stock in O'Reillys?

EDIT: I just realized what I opened myself up for, so I'm going to totally steal the thunder with the following...

Only if you own a Jeep. Har har har!

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I still have a few pics left on my computer and card that need to be uploaded. Having a little trouble with my computer at home...

Wait, I thought one of the requirements for expedition'ing was owning stock in O'Reillys?

EDIT: I just realized what I opened myself up for, so I'm going to totally steal the thunder with the following...

Only if you own a Jeep. Har har har!

I did more unexpected and costly repairs to my 2000 Jeep Wrangler than I have to the 4runner......
Just saying.....
:ylsmoke:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I did more unexpected and costly repairs to my 2000 Jeep Wrangler than I have to the 4runner......
Just saying.....

The only truck that I've had that was more reliable that the Cherokee I own now was my '86 4runner. I owned it from 1997 to about 2000 or so.

Blew a motor after being doused in the mud pit @ prairie city. Put a new motor in and it was never quite the same. Sold it shortly after.

That 4runner took me from Davis, ca (UCdavis) all the way home to Camarillo, ca (about 500+) miles or so, many, many times year. It never failed to roll into my parents place with nary an issue. I took it snowboarding up to tahoe, and often was the only rig to make it through, of the convoy we usually took up. We'd park everyone else's rig, and pile the boards on top and the people inside. (It's all about having 3 chicks deep in the pass. seats :) )

Great on gas, too. What like, 24-26ish?

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Just saying.....

I'll be going back through my snorkel setup this weekend... we can plug that drain hole while we are at it. Alternator is just one of those things Toyota didn'd incorporate well into the design... way too low = carry a spare. Been through one myself back in the spring.

Most of what has has gone wrong with that truck has been little dinky stuff, and relatively cheap and easy to repair.

I'll be going back through my snorkel setup this weekend... we can plug that drain hole while we are at it. Alternator is just one of those things Toyota didn'd incorporate well into the design... way too low = carry a spare. Been through one myself back in the spring.

Most of what has has gone wrong with that truck has been little dinky stuff, and relatively cheap and easy to repair.

Yup. I never did do diff breathers... I need to check to see if I have chocolate milk yet, too...

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Yup. I never did do diff breathers... I need to check to see if I have chocolate milk yet, too...

Refridgerator hose from Home Depot, and Jacque can get you the breather nipples. There is not so much risk of a milkshake as there is risk of blowing axle seals when the breathers get plugged up with gunk. Thats actually what I was checking under my truck after the pit of despair... just making sure my rear diff breather was still intact and that my axle seals were still intact. Mud was what caused my last rear axle seal blowout, before I installed the breather.

We can plumb your breathers into your airbox. Once we seal up the snorkeled intake, the only thing you will have to worry about during deep crossings is blowing another alternator, which I'm sure will happen sooner or later...

If you have a milkshake, it will most likely be due to finky axle seals, not from water ingress through the breather.

That rock I parked on this trip finally gave me a reason to replace my leaky steering rack. I ripped the tie rod boot and will have to tear the rack down anyways. I heart junk yards.

RU55ELL

Explorer
I wouldn't worry about buying the expensive Toyota fittings. I used a 1/8" MNPT barb fitting. Yes, it's not the correct thread, but the NPT goes in nice and tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online