Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

JamesDowning

Explorer
Might have put a bit too much sky in this one:

farm.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Thanks man!

Here's a progress video of one my landscape paintings..

Holy Mackeral! When I saw the image, I'm like, nice job overpainting that photo. I had no idea that was from scratch. Amazing!

Also, how did you produce that time lapse?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
This art gallery usually makes for good pictures. This time I got really lucky and that girl wearing the exact right colors appeared as I was framing my shot.

BTW Peter Lik is an Australian landscape photographer. I'm not a fan. His work looks overprocessed and overHDRed. They're like Lisa Frank's comatose dreams. But then again, he sells photos and I don't! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Lik

I like his work, yes, over saturated, but his studios are always well lit and makes the images "work" quite nicely. Not all of them are overdone. I quite like this one (seen in Las Vegas):
1046902909_wAD6b-O-1.jpg

ywen

Explorer
Holy Mackeral! When I saw the image, I'm like, nice job overpainting that photo. I had no idea that was from scratch. Amazing!

Also, how did you produce that time lapse?

THanks. I painted using the app Brushes, it has a feature that records your progression and can export that out as a movie.

taco2go

Explorer
Brushes is a lot of fun-impressive set of tools to convert an ipad into a formidable sketchpad.
very easy to start drawing- even my six year old enjoys doodling.

JamesDowning

Explorer
I would agree, looks like the green fields would have been more interesting, leading the way to the farms in the upper third.

When in doubt shoot two or three... or FART.

Good call, I took a few there, but it was more of a scouting trip for a landscape contest. I ended up taking the shot at a different location, across the county. Funny though, how sometimes a shot can look perfectly proportioned on the camera screen, then during later review, you realize it's a bit off.

I need to share that link with my wife... she will think I'm some sort of master photographer!

cruisertoy

Explorer
ck,
Great pics of the SLC Temple and reflection pool. I only had one opportunity to get up there this season and the inversion was so bad that everything was fuzzy. Not good fuzzy. Religion aside, Temple Square is a great place for pictures if you can find a time when it's not so crowded.

ckkone

Explorer
ck,
Great pics of the SLC Temple and reflection pool. I only had one opportunity to get up there this season and the inversion was so bad that everything was fuzzy. Not good fuzzy. Religion aside, Temple Square is a great place for pictures if you can find a time when it's not so crowded.

I went with the family and kids tugging at me the whole time "Dad, I'm bored"... Never did make it back alone so I could really take my time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3