Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

photoman

Explorer
A couple from this past weekend.

i-xmq54Cb-L.jpg

i-rHrNVg9-L.jpg

taco2go

Explorer
X2.
I so want to get out this weekend...once this storm blows through.

and Grimbo those are some elegant photographs.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Really nice captures Aaron. I love Alstrom point and you had some sweet light and clouds to add some nice character. Very nicely done. :victory:

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Really nice Aaron, I like the shot of your son(?) in the first set, and the first shot in your second set.

Here's some recent shots from me, more to come soon.

i-cV9kpT7-XL.jpg

i-HJMJfLv-XL.jpg

i-spf7nxt-XL.jpg

i-G5tW5JM-XL.jpg

Last edited:

photoman

Explorer
Really nice Aaron, I like the shot of your son(?) in the first set, and the first shot in your second set.
:hehe:

Not my son- That is 08whitex. He is 6'1".

Here's some recent shots from me, more to come soon.

i-cV9kpT7-XL.jpg

i-HJMJfLv-XL.jpg

Both of these are pretty sweet.

The blue tone works very nice in the first image and the movement of the water makes the second shot.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Wow Trevor:Wow1: Those are all fantastic images. The second one is my favorite. All wall hangers any way you look at them. :victory:

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys, actually looking at a couple of them now I'm not feeling it,...and that is exactly why you don't work on images and post them when you're tired, ha. The iced rock is too close to the edge of the frame and in hindsight I think the sunrise is a little too much even though it was that colourful. It's distracting somewhat. Here is another take of the same rock shot only a couple minutes apart from the first but positioned slightly different and without the intense colour of the sunrise. The colour didn't last long and began to fade from the sky in this one and I think the highlights and tonalities roll off much nicer. I also lowered my position and moved the rock away from the edge of the frame making it a more central and prominent element,...as it should be IMO. Let me know what you guys think.

i-zGdJHVg-XL.jpg

There's also this one which I think works a bit better then the portrait orientation as well. Shot much lower, which hid the yellowish rock beneath the ice and simplified the colour palate somewhat. It also puts the viewer into the image better I feel. I also pulled down the saturation just a touch. I didn't add any in the original but felt there was a bit too much purple coming through. Again let me know what you think of these reworks.

i-3fvDXzS-XL.jpg

Great shots Trevor as always. They would be very funny if you had a female in a bikini laying on a beach chair in one of those shots....LOL

LOL, know of any models that like to be sprayed by water in windy sub zero temps...? Actually, now that I think about it, it would probably be pretty easy to find some nut job willing to do it. :hehe:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I like your new version of the ice covered rock better as far as the framing but I miss the deeper sunrise colors from the original image.

Switching the second shot to landscape improves the perspective a lot for me. I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal