Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
I was just thinking that the White Wine shot might look better with a different color background.

I was thinking the same thing and will suggest it to my friend, but she wanted the backgrounds to be white.

Composition is there, but I think they turned out a bit soft, especially the beer.

I think that has to do with my lighting, I only have one flash/softbox and two bounce cards. Also, the lens I was using isn't the best. I will see what I can do in Lightroom.

Last edited:

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Beau, I was thinking of a cool way to try something when doing a shot like this.

Put a big white piece of paper on a glass table and fire the flash from below with some bounce cards on each side of the glass and maybe on on the top to reflect some light back down into it??????

What do you think? Might be sort of cool to try

Zoltar

Observer
This is a shot I captured in 2001 with film (scanned). It’s the photo that made me fall in love with photography. I’d really like to hear what you guys think.
OperaHouse C.jpg

T minus one week left... thought I should get a bit creative...
418511_737602197741_62002887_33845014_1663031597_n.jpg

423674_737610491121_62002887_33845033_409257593_n.jpg

Zoltar

Observer
It's got some character to it. I noticed I was sitting there staring at it for awhile, which is probably a good thing when it comes to an image

Thank you for the reply! I’ve sat and stared at countless photos of yours; glad I could pay it back a little. While this isn’t the critique thread, if you have suggestions to any of my photos I can use all the help I can get.

This one is from Venice, I intentionally left it a little dark to give the feeling of being in the canyon of the buildings.
WindowDoorWater0001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal