Australian touring vehicle

Mickldo

Adventurer
Not sure. He was a real old hermit looking guy and I didn't want to bother him. I think the purpose of the ramp could only be for loading a bike or quad and he was obviously living onboard. Maybe Mickldo might offer an explanation. The extra wide flat planing bottom enabled it to sit easily on the sand at low tide as you can see. Perfect for the Top End. Imagine it up in the Gulf or the Kimberlies.

My thoughts exactly. The roof and the bar.

I got no idea either. It looks like quite a decent sized boat but the ramp doesn't look wide enough for a car just going by the HJ60 on the beach. Bit hard to tell. It looks like a block and tackle on the targa bar over the front. Maybe that is to raise a section of the front cabin? Something like an enclosed garage?

Area56

Another one for the dreamers / Lotto winners. Taken on the beach at Magnetic Island on the same trip. It was called "Hardship" but I don't know. As far as Australian Touring goes.....

Mickldo .. I was going to put this in the "Expedition Boat "thread you started but couldn't find it. Sorry if anyone thinks it's a hijak.

3772118672_cfc9795a8b_b.jpg

That hatch is for the Dwarf beach invasion.

I would however probably keep my quad in there for recon missions to the island beer store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach