AZTrooper's Mod Thread

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Yeah, I was thinking about just buying the Thule or Yakima rails and screwing those on and then buying their expensive feet and bars and then attach a rack to those. But I'll spend a lot less money by having this rack custom built and then bolting it through the roof. The good thing about it is, I can utilize the part of the bolt that will be on the inside of the roof for mounting something else down the road.

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Ok, so here's the latest!!!! i just installed my Superwinch hubs I bought today. I think they look awesome!!!! I hope it's not just in my mind, but I really do think I gained a little "get up and go." I have a steep hill that I have to go up to get to my house and usually I have to give it a bit of gas. But when I came up the hill after the installation, I noticed a significant decrease in the amount of pedal necessary to get up the hill. The thing that sucks though is, I didn't receive all 12 of the taperd bolts that hold the outter hub housing on. I only have two bolts in each. I don't know where the rest are. I have to go back to the shop that I bought them from and see if they have the rest of them laying around and also ask if they will reimburse me for the bolts I'l have to get overnighted from Superwinch. There's no way I'm going out on the trail with only two of those tapered bolts in each outter housing. Any ideas as where to find some without having to go through Superwinch? I'll post up a few pics of the new hubs tomorrow after I take a couple pictures.

NewFoundFreedom

Adventurer
Try a company called Fastenal. They might have some. You could take one of yours there an have them match it. They pride themselfs on having all the nuts and bolts any one could ever need. If they dont have it I think you will have to go Super Winch...

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply man. I just called Superwinch directly and they told me I had to buy them from a distributor because they don't sell direct. I ended up buying them from Summit Racing. Now they are all in.

Also, I put on my newly fabbed skid plate. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up.

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Ok, here's some pictures of my new skid plate. My friend Doug did most of the work since we used his shop to build it. It's made from 5/16" steel. I think it looks pretty good for amature fabbing!!

Here's a profile of the skid plate. I placed it here so I don't crunch my tranny pan again.
IMG_1003.jpg

This is a picture of the front of the plate. We tried to get it to fit as best as we could on that front cross-member.
IMG_1002.jpg

This is the rear of the plate. Notice the hole in it so that the tranny pan drain plug can be accessed.
IMG_1001.jpg

Here's a picture of the whole plate.
IMG_1000.jpg

What do you guys think?!?!? I can't wait to put some scratches on it!!!

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Well to answer both of your questions, my buddy has his shop at his house. It usually helps to have the vehicle present for measuring and stuff. So unfortunately, unless you can be in Flagstaff, AZ for a few days, it may be kinda hard. He is, however, very interested in starting to make custom plates if people want them.

Incusus

Adventurer
AZTrooper said:
Well to answer both of your questions, my buddy has his shop at his house. It usually helps to have the vehicle present for measuring and stuff. So unfortunately, unless you can be in Flagstaff, AZ for a few days, it may be kinda hard. He is, however, very interested in starting to make custom plates if people want them.

"Honey... I need to make a road trip to Arizona..."

AZTrooper

Adventurer
Ok, so my buddy Doug that helped me fabricate my plate, said that he'd be happy to build you guys some plates if you have schematics that he can build off of. Although, as I stated before, if you can get to AZ, he could make sure that it all fits well. Let me know. I'd be happy to put you in contact with him.

AZTrooper

Adventurer
So I just got my permanent mount cb antenna yesterday. The guy that did the install said that he has sold Wilson before and he likes the one I got better. It's the same antenna they install ona ll the law enforcement vehicles here in town. I love it!!! Here's some pictures I just took a few minutes ago.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal