Baby Jeep 2015 Renegade?

Reminds me of the Suzuki Jimny. Small, light, capable exploring rig. Removable top is key I think.... Makes it more fun, more of an outdoors-vehicle. Maybe a 2-door version?

Cool in my book.
Pete

haven

Expedition Leader
Details about the new Jeep will be released at the Geneva Auto Show on March 4-5. Rumors say a diesel engine option (not sure about USA), a 9 speed transmission, and AWD. The gearing may be low enough to make a two speed transfer case unnecessary to achieve the "Trail Rated" designation.

The new Jeep is about the same size as a Kia Soul or a MINI Countryman.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I will be floored—absolutely floored—if the U.S. gets the diesel option in the U.S. Would I love it? You bet (so long as it comes with a manual transmission option). My guess is this:

1.4 MultiAir engine with six-speed or dual-clutch auto (think 500L)
2.4 Tigershark engine with nine-speed auto
No diesel for U.S.

Jalopnik is saying AWD on all models, which is good. I just hope there's a shift-it-yourself option. If I can get a 1.4t + 6-spd manual + AWD, this will likely be my next vehicle.

Andy

camodog

Adventurer
The way I see it, Jeep needs to build CUVs and cars (yes cars) and compete directly with Subaru's market while keeping the Wrangler and Grand capable and mostly easily modifiable.

This would make me very happy. I can only dream of a Jeep variant of the Subaru Outback or a modern day Wagoneer (think stationwagon with ground clearance) with a 6spd and diesel option. I really like the crosstrek.

emkay

Observer
according to a reputable car magazin here in germany, usa gets 1.4 turbo (160hp) and 2.4 tigershark (184hp n/a)... no diesel for now, sorry!! :(

Sent via my bongo drums...

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Love this little rig for my son. Safe capable and cool. Perfect combo.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
8.7" Ground clearance, low range, 17" wheel on Trailhawk.

I think the little Trailhawk model will be a kick.

That's something I can see a lot of entry buyers going for, similar to how to Subaru XV sold to new college/ high school in my market. I will be very interested to see how well it drives (i.e. comfort).

Rider192

Observer
Passing fad

For many of us, we can only embrace the classic style and off road prowess of Wranglers, Rovers, Cruisers, etc., and for the rest of them.......welcome the 2015 Renegade, or whatever soulless, classless flavor of the month crossover that is equiped with the correct size cup holder for your favorite travel mug.

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
19hathei92w0vjpg.jpg

It's not for me but I hope thousands of others don't feel the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk