Back to a truck Camper!

Freebird

Adventurer
On my Alaskan the 2x2s are space about a foot and a half (or so) apart by the factory.
I have to believe that distance is based on Alaskan camper construction, tho, which is pretty strong.
(All the cabinets in the base are structural to the base integrety (2 part camper-upper roof, lower base), each cabnet reinforcing the wall/floor junction)
YMMV?

docdave

Aspiring overlander
Haven't posted for a while.... traded trucks again. Found a 2011 crew cab hemi, auto that I just couldn't pass up... I like the styling of the 2004 better, but, more horsepower, auto tranny, bigger cab, better ride, and only 34000 miles. SO..... need different tiedowns.

tiedownbuild.jpg

Went for something that attached to the frame on both sides, mounting plates screwed to the sides of the frame with self tapping screws. 2" square tubing 1/4" wall. The end pieces are 1 1/2" tubing pinned like a receiver hitch.

tiedownfront+.jpg

Used vinyl coated cable instead of chains, thought they look neater. The end pieces are removable so the unit is nearly invisible when the camper is off.

IMG_1395.jpg

Used Happijac rear mounts, just couldn't come up with anything that was as handy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad