Barn Door for JK factory hardtops

rubicon91

Explorer
Today at the SEMA Show the 2019 Global Media Awards were announced, these are awards chosen by a panel of international journalists selecting new products that they believed would be most likely to succeed in their respective countries. The Trail Kitchen picked up two of these awards, one from Canada and one from Australia. There was a reception this evening after the close of the show for the day where the awards were presented, in this photo are Jack Enfield, head of sales at MORryde, yours truly, Austin Conrad, MORryde Jeep Marketing and the SEMA Awards presenter...

AwardSEMA_zpsh3swry4t.jpg

The Trail Kitchen has received tremendous interest on the show floor, and it's great to be recognized with these two international awards as well.

I've got lots of SEMA Show photos to post (all more interesting than the one above) but I probably won't get to that for another few days, I'm pretty busy exploring the show and helping out MORryde in their booth (I'm there to help out with the difficult product design and Jeep questions :)).

That is outstanding Jeff!!! Congratulations on the accolades.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
That is outstanding Jeff!!! Congratulations on the accolades.
Thanks Donny. Sorry I haven't been able to post any other SEMA photos yet, I've been too busy with everything else going in. There are some new Jeep-based campers at the show this year, one very similar to the Ursa Minor pop-top and one a bit like the one AEV showed last year at SEMA. I've got photos of those and more, as soon as I have time I'll start posting.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thanks Donny. Sorry I haven't been able to post any other SEMA photos yet, I've been too busy with everything else going in. There are some new Jeep-based campers at the show this year, one very similar to the Ursa Minor pop-top and one a bit like the one AEV showed last year at SEMA. I've got photos of those and more, as soon as I have time I'll start posting.

Ah no worries whatsoever. I can always get a detailed account of it from you next weekend at Expo :D. Go enjoy the show and safe travels to NC. I will be leaving Tuesday am and taking my time getting there. Going to drive about 6 hrs/day and stop and enjoy the late afternoon and evening then repeat and that will put me about an hour from Expo on Wednesday night.

MattJ

Adventurer
Congrats Jeff! We should all start a petition to help convince MORryde that you should lead two all-expenses-paid expeditions to Canada and Australia to do some product demonstrations!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Congrats on the awards!! I hardly think a pest brings a company international recognition. Job well done!! :)
Ward

Thank you very much. :)

Congrats Jeff! We should all start a petition to help convince MORryde that you should lead two all-expenses-paid expeditions to Canada and Australia to do some product demonstrations!

Thanks, but I've done enough Trail Kitchen product demonstrations in the last 3 days to last me a lifetime!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
In addition to the Trail Kitchen in my Jeep in the MORryde booth, there's one in a Toyota FJ40 in the Cummins booth, and there's one in an M416 outside the South Hall:

EricTrailKitchen1_zpste0ht72f.jpg

EricTrailKitchen2_zpstkvx9nob.jpg

EricTrailKitchen3_zpsuhw85ld9.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
On the way now from Las Vegas to Asheville, NC for the Overland East show. Stopped last night at Glenwood Springs, Colorado for a 2-day "recovery" from SEMA at the Hot Springs, then we'll continue the rest of the way across the country. Stopped for a break at a roadside overlook yesterday about 60 miles west of Moab...

UtahViewpoint2_zpsiohqpded.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
On the way now from Las Vegas to Asheville, NC for the Overland East show. Stopped last night at Glenwood Springs, Colorado for a 2-day "recovery" from SEMA at the Hot Springs, then we'll continue the rest of the way across the country. Stopped for a break at a roadside overlook yesterday about 60 miles west of Moab...

UtahViewpoint2_zpsiohqpded.jpg

Is that the area you had told me to stop at if I went through Denver on my way to Moab?

jscherb

Expedition Leader

rubicon91

Explorer
Yup. It's the world's largest hot springs pool. Actually two pools, a hot one at 104 degrees and a larger one that's a little cooler. https://www.colorado.com/articles/how-glenwood-hot-springs-will-heal-your-body-soul. If you stay at the Hot Springs Lodge (we do) the pool is free, it's open from 9am to 10pm, also a great free cooked-to-order breakfast.

4_pool-from-bridge-web.jpg
Awesome. Enjoy your down time Jeff. See you guys in a few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Awesome. Enjoy your down time Jeff. See you guys in a few days.
Thanks, see you soon! Looking forward to that cider you promised me.

BTW if you're doing the Alpine Loop or any of the trails around Silverton or Telluride and you enjoy hot springs, I also highly recommend the Ouray Hot Springs: http://ourayhotsprings.com/. I try to make it a part of every trail plan for that area.

MattJ

Adventurer
Hey Jeff - I spotted your Jeep in the Expo Portal article about SEMA. Looks nice and shiny under those show lights!

y4mzSJR2Kl3Jx5aweLJuf9Eza-4ssC7EVge1A0yEbj6DnSmUVNsCbz5CVdVgWB4FbTYkCQRwGMqbbLlBs7F_ChQnGHVAQkpGZJTXFpMpHfMn2ydYphI68GUZV9sAw3xz3stxQo7Kq5Q03kY8_oXqUivAk-lNNHUxXdiR0NCVGIX49JnIXDydsmekHjEtvvK8InuQGhMms46Y-VxKZ1fodvQqA

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hey Jeff - I spotted your Jeep in the Expo Portal article about SEMA. Looks nice and shiny under those show lights!

y4mzSJR2Kl3Jx5aweLJuf9Eza-4ssC7EVge1A0yEbj6DnSmUVNsCbz5CVdVgWB4FbTYkCQRwGMqbbLlBs7F_ChQnGHVAQkpGZJTXFpMpHfMn2ydYphI68GUZV9sAw3xz3stxQo7Kq5Q03kY8_oXqUivAk-lNNHUxXdiR0NCVGIX49JnIXDydsmekHjEtvvK8InuQGhMms46Y-VxKZ1fodvQqA

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it. It was nice and shiny, it looked nicer than a 135,000 mile daily driver has a right to :).

You should see the Jeep right now, it's got about an inch of snow on it. Snowing here in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Heading east in the morning, hoping I-70 over Vail Pass has reopened by then, it's closed now due to snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl

Members online