Blue Sea aux fuse block install

I finally got around to cleaning all my wires up. I decided to use a Blue Sea Systems 12 circuit fuse block for the hub. For protection I threw in a Blue Sea 100A circuit breaker before the fuse block. Also, I installed military spec terminals at the batter to keep everything secure and clean. Here's some pictures of the project:

I started by making a template for the bracket:

DSC01551.jpg

I then cut the pattern out of a 12"x12" square of 3/16" aluminum. Since I was already powdercoating my roof rack, I asked them to do the plate as well. The powdercoating is nice and solid:

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

Here's the terminals:

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

I also added relays with relay sockets to the bracket. I've got room for atleast 3 relays on the bracket. Installed:

DSC01640.jpg

IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

Everything turned out great. My plethora of wires are tidied up and safe now. All my circuits are protected and most are on relays. If you've got a lot of accessories, I would highly recommend this addition. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

telwyn

Adventurer
That's a really clean install. I've seen a lot of folks use the BlueSea fuseblocks (I'm doing it on both my trailer and my Rover), but love how you made the bracket. Looks very professional.

daverami

Explorer
That really looks good! I may have to redo mine! I see you have a Speedway Blue too.

Oh yeah, where did you get those battery cables?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

That really looks good! I may have to redo mine! I see you have a Speedway Blue too.

Oh yeah, where did you get those battery cables?

Yep, Speedway Blue it is. I'm a big fan of your truck! I just made the cables out of 4AWG KnuKonceptz wire wrapped with expandable sleeving. I will caution you though, the power lead coming from the alternator is very short. I wanted to make my own wire for that part but I couldn't find/get to where it attached to the alternator. That's why the pos. battery terminal is crooked.

daverami

Explorer
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Yep, Speedway Blue it is. I'm a big fan of your truck! I just made the cables out of 4AWG KnuKonceptz wire wrapped with expandable sleeving. I will caution you though, the power lead coming from the alternator is very short. I wanted to make my own wire for that part but I couldn't find/get to where it attached to the alternator. That's why the pos. battery terminal is crooked.

Hey thanks! I really need to post up some more pics. Getting a new rear bumper soon.

Did you crimp or solder? I want to make up some new cables, but crimpers for the larger gauge wire are so expensive.

soonenough

Explorer
Did you crimp or solder? I want to make up some new cables, but crimpers for the larger gauge wire are so expensive.
The West Marine near me has a cable cutter and a bench-mounted crimper in the store that you can use to make your cables. I just had them cut me one piece of cable that was long enough to do everything I wanted, opened a box of ring terminals, and crimped them on right there in the store. YMMV

Thanks everybody!

Hey thanks! I really need to post up some more pics. Getting a new rear bumper soon.

I removed the nylon covering from the terminals and then used my bench vise to crimp the wires on. I squeezed them on really well with that. I have no worries about them coming off.

Very nice!!!
You need to make a bunch more of those brackets and sell them!
I would buy one. :)

I'm seriously considering doing this exact thing! PM me if you are interested and we can discuss it.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Looks great. One question for you though.. Why did you go with a panel mount circuit breaker?

Looks great. One question for you though.. Why did you go with a panel mount circuit breaker?

Just because it would look a little cleaner with the big wires running underneath the panel. It was a little more work to mount it and by no means is it necessary, just a personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl