Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Sequoia National Park June 19-21 REPORT Part 2

On our way back from Moro Rock, we were rounding a bend and saw a nice sized Black Bear Come running across the road.
We slowed and made sure there was no traffic coming. Quickly rolled down the window and got a pic of him/her. The Bear was about 20ft away, so we quickly got the shot and moved on.
Didn't want to bother the Bear on it's hunt for some breakfast

IMG_8722.jpg

A nap was needed after the little sleep from the night before. Can't seem to get a solid nights sleep when camping.
Always on High Alert :Wow1: Had a few visitors in the campground, I think they smelt the Bacon Cheeseburgers I accidentally torched on the fire.

We decided to Cruise on over to Upper Stony Creek. Parked the car in the Day Use Area and Hiked down to Lower Stony Creek.
More than a couple years back I had High School XC Running Camp and Lower Stony Creek was the hangout everyday after runs. Unfortunately many of the best spots were very low as the water levels certainly have changed over the years. It was nice to relive some of those memories as we took a nice dip in the creek. Not a bad spot to sit on the log and relax for a few hours.

11329888_10203125139888442_4342474666655006385_n.jpg

Arrived back at camp just in time for Sunset and Dinner. After a full two days, it was time to relax and rest up for the drive home.
Fathers Day was Sunday so we made an early departure and decided it was better to spend as much time with the family.
The road home got a little interesting. It was about 8:00 AM when we ran into some trouble.

Had a nice surprise when we came around a blind turn and found a Ford Escape sitting head on in our lane. The couple driving said the car just turned off without warning going up the grade. Trying to coast into the turnout they got stuck in our lane. A fellow FJ also stopped and we did our best to try and assist the stranded motorists. I initially parked at the entrance of the turn and turned on my hazzards and Rack Lights to try and warn traffic behind us. Luckily a Park Service worker was on his way to work and safely regulated traffic flow.

A group of us pushed the escape into the turnout and a Park Ranger was sent out to try and help from there. It didn't look good as the Escape had a very strong smell of burnt oil and was leaving a nice trail underneath. Spirits were still high even though the car wouldn't start and more than likely they would be towed out of there.

Picture after we got all turned around and moved the escape into the turn out. The initial idea was to pull the ford with the rig, but we had enough man power to push it safely. Explains why I'm facing uphill.
11057639_10203125139928443_2737313599326567565_n.jpg

Overall the trip was a success! We got a lot more done than expected. It was really nice to be back in the mountains. A lot of great memories came back from my XC days.
A great reminder how out of shape I've gotten. It really might be time to get back in shape. Certainly was nice to be able to run some of those trails a few years back.
I'm greatly considering another trip in August right before School picks up again.

Have more pictures of the trip here:
http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/Bailey_Johnston/library/Sequoia June 19-21 2015?sort=3&page=1

BJ'sFJ

Edgestar 43 QT Fridge UPDATE:

Well, I've had the fridge installed for a little over two weeks now. I have been very happy with it till my Sequoia Trip.
Ran into a flaw with the supplied wiring. It is using thin gauge wiring causing a voltage drop at the fridge and raising the amps.
Driving for 6+ hours straight in the heat it ended up blowing my 10A fuse. I will be upgrading to 10GA wiring to reduce the voltage drop.
Battery handled the fridge fine. Never experienced any issues on the battery side. The fridge was hitting low voltage and the upgraded wiring will surely help out!

BJ'sFJ

Picked up a Mobius Action Cam
https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/features/

Have it set up as a dash cam w/32gb memory and looping function on.
Currently mounted on instrument cluster with 3m tape. Video coming later
With my already high insurance rates, I wanted some extra eyes in case something happened on the roads.

attachment.php

BJ'sFJ

Edgestar 43 QT Fridge UPDATE:

Well, I've had the fridge installed for a little over two weeks now. I have been very happy with it till my Sequoia Trip.
Ran into a flaw with the supplied wiring. It is using thin gauge wiring causing a voltage drop at the fridge and raising the amps.
Driving for 6+ hours straight in the heat it ended up blowing my 10A fuse. I will be upgrading to 10GA wiring to reduce the voltage drop.
Battery handled the fridge fine. Never experienced any issues on the battery side. The fridge was hitting low voltage and the upgraded wiring will surely help out!

This will do the trick!
10900027.jpg

ARB wiring w/ 8 Gauge wires

BJ'sFJ

Total Chaos Fabrication UCA's

some goodies arrived today from Total Chaos. Very excited to get these put on.
These things are a work of art. Just waiting for the coilovers and shocks to be built and shipped from FOX

attachment.php

rickashay

Explorer
some goodies arrived today from Total Chaos. Very excited to get these put on.
These things are a work of art. Just waiting for the coilovers and shocks to be built and shipped from FOX

attachment.php

Nice! My TC UCA's and Fox's are going in tomorrow! Great minds think alike.... PS I still need to shoot you an email back.

huerta32

Observer
awesome build, I'm really liking the back up lights, I just added some pretty dark tint over the oem stuff on my FJ and its very dark so these would come in handy

BJ'sFJ

Nice! My TC UCA's and Fox's are going in tomorrow! Great minds think alike.... PS I still need to shoot you an email back.

Awesome ! still a ways out from the Foxes coming in. Post up how you like them :)

awesome build, I'm really liking the back up lights, I just added some pretty dark tint over the oem stuff on my FJ and its very dark so these would come in handy

Very happy with my setup... No idea the stock reverse lights are even on.
Give them a call! They do offer a forum discount to help take the edge off tax/shipping :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven