Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

AaronK

Explorer
I'm glad I read this thread! I was planning in doing a dual battery install on my Tundra. But now I think I'll install a low voltage alarm and ride my battery till it's dead and replace it with a group 31!

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Ditched the Tube Bumper and I'm testing an All Pro front bumper
Just changed out the tube bumper for an All Pro bumper with single hoop. Needs some TLC
Have two XL Pro's in Driving/Combo on the hoop and two S2 Pro's in wide cornering angled on the hood mounts.
Very happy with the setup. The S2 Pro's are angled out to help catch the end of the XL's spill.
They are perfect for cornering! Went on a test over the weekend and the lights guide you through the turn without any darkness. Great comfort lighting

fj1_zps1wo8yzxc.jpg

Last edited:

BJ'sFJ

I'm glad I read this thread! I was planning in doing a dual battery install on my Tundra. But now I think I'll install a low voltage alarm and ride my battery till it's dead and replace it with a group 31!

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

It is certainly nice having the peace of mind knowing I almost have two average group 34 batteries in one.
:roost:

BJ'sFJ

The latest picture of the FJ from Big Bear this past weekend
Fox 2.5 Front and Rear are riding awesome. Very impressed with the change in the driving experience
Also installed All-Pro 1.25" wheel spacers with ET lugs on all 4 corners! Rear tire was rubbing the 2.5 dsc resi on flex.

image2_zpsezvwixgs.jpg

BJ'sFJ

Stopped by Baja Designs to pick up the latest in their XL Series. The XL80!
First off, I am very happy with the XL Pro's and the output of those lights. They honestly were enough for me. When I saw the XL80 I had to have it.
Yesterday evening I snatched up a pair in Driving/Combo. Pretty lucky considering these were being built that day and parts came in the night before.
At 9,500 Lumens each I was doubling the light on the front end. Just the thought of that made me feel like a kid on christmas morning. Being happy with my current setup, I couldn't imagine what these would do.
Flipped the switch last night and was blown away. Tested on a few fire roads and I must say these XL80's are total game changers. For someone like myself, these put out more than enough light!

I'll get some night shots soon! Lights are already dirty from last night:sombrero:

Final time the lights/bumper combo will change on the front... I promise

XL80FJ.jpg

Last edited:

BJ'sFJ

Eastern Sierra Nevada September 5-6 2015 REPORT

A long long long two days of driving in some of the best terrain California has to offer! Monache Meadows to Mammoth Lakes!!!
5:00 AM departed San Diego with Monache Meadows as the destination for labor day weekend.

After 4 hours on the 15 and HWY395 we reached the turn out for 9 Mile Canyon Road. Tanks were topped off at the Shell Station and we were headed up the mountain.
NOTE: Lights were turned on for most photos. Was not driving around with them on... Wouldn't want to blind others

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

9 Mile Canyon Road is a beautiful drive gaining elevation quickly into Kennedy Meadows. Coming around the turns we quickly entered the tree-line and were greeted by beautiful scenery.
Decided to check in on Kennedy Meadows Campground and see if it is a good spot for future camping use. It is certainly on the list!

Pic just outside of Kennedy Meadows Campground at a pit stop / outhouse that was nicely maintained

IMG_9139.jpg

We continued our way towards Monache Meadows and couldn't stop laughing at this creative wildlife sign

IMG_9140.jpg

Monache Meadows Jeep Trail is a neat Trail that is Stock 4x4 Friendly with a few slightly flexy sections. Nothing Crazy!

IMG_9142.jpg

IMG_9146.jpg

As we approached the camping area we noticed quite a few vehicles cruising in and around the campground.
We just had to get the usual water crossing shot in the little water that was left. Shot at South Fork Kern River Crossing

IMG_9149.jpg

This is where most of the pictures stop and we decided to change the game plan a little bit.
It was about 2:00PM and the vehicles kept coming in to Monache Meadows. Last minute decision after a phone call with a friend and we had Hot Springs on our mind.
Made our way down the mountain and through these towns along the 395
-Olancha
-Lone Pine
-Independence
-Big Pine
-Bishop

From Bishop we headed up towards Mammoth Lakes with our destination being the local Hot Springs. After hours of driving from Monache Meadows we arrived at a very tucked away spring just east of 395.
As the sun went down around 7:30 the spring was very relaxing. Realizing we could A) camp near spring or B) camp down the grade towards Bishop and possibly get a hotel..
Option B would be better to reduce the drive home Sunday
*Insert IPHONE Panorama*

image1.jpg

Darkness came up quickly and it was time to hit the trails. Thankfully I had a little light to help guide the way :sombrero:

2dab2e5c-7254-4342-b73f-805b66953f04.jpg

IMG_9173.jpg

Driving back through Bishop and Big Pine we had our mind set on a few forest roads outside of Independence for camp. All hotels were booked so we decided to do what we set out to do in the first place. Camp!
After about 18 hours of being out and about on the road it was time for the Final Rest Stop. Chose a nice turnout and headed to bed around 11:00PM.

Morning came around shortly and a beautiful sunrise lit up the great Sierra Nevada Mountain Range.

IMG_9206.jpg

After a little bit of exploring it was time to head back to San Diego! Really grateful to have the Sierra Nevada mountain range so close.
This was a weekend to remember! Hopefully the next time fire restrictions will be lowered and memories of this trip will be shared for years to come around the campfire.

Thanks for checking out my Trip Report.. Time to get some rest

Last edited:

BJ'sFJ

IPAD w/ Gaia GPS Installed on RAM Mount - Initial Test
Last night UPS dropped off my Bad Elf GPS module for an Old IPAD Wifi that I got from a family member.
At about 11:30 I decided to hook everything up and see how it worked. It is very straight forward! After installing the Bad Elf software, all you do is plug it in and open the GPS app.
I chose Gaia GPS primarily on the fact that I know a few people that use it and it also is on Offline GPS program. Perfect for me with an old Wifi IPAD. Gaia GPS has tracking, current speed, avg speed, elevation, and more.
On the way to work I tested it out this morning and found it to be pretty cool. I'm not sure if its possible to get the Map to move based on location, but I will figure it out.
Happy with the initial test. Will come in handy on the trails! Thanks to Scott (Bajaraja) for pointing out all the cool features and showing how it works on previous trips!
Full Report to come on the next trip.
IMG_94081.jpg
IMG_94111.jpg

Simo_4x4

Adventurer
Hi, I'm looking for a support for my 7" tablet, can you give me some pics of the support that you have installed in your FJ ?

Thank you !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven