Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Hi, I'm looking for a support for my 7" tablet, can you give me some pics of the support that you have installed in your FJ ?

Thank you !

Will take some pics tomorrow. It is using a RAM mount tabtite cradle and long ball mount double socket arm drilled into plastic trim

BJ'sFJ

Don't worry !!! :) is not a problem !!! :)

IMG_94861.jpg

IMG_94871.jpg

BJ'sFJ

Edgestar 43qt. Fridge UPDATE 10/11/15

After about 4 months of use, I ran into some flaws with the fridge.
- Cheap thin gauge wire w/cig lighter adapter
- Flimsy 2 Pin computer style plug

Decided to run 8 gauge wire Directly from the battery to the rear of the FJ. Fused at the battery the wire ran through a grommet in the firewall and along the door sill to the rear.
From there, the wire was joined with a 12gauge wire and Delphi-weatherpack connector. The Fridge was next. It was time to get rid of the POS factory power plug. Took apart the fridge and Installed a 2-pin female weatherpack connector. Now everything quickly snaps together and the connections are much more secure.
All the low voltage and poor connection issues are gone
Fridge Slide coming soon

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

BJ'sFJ

Cargo Platform and Tembo Tusk Fridge Slide 10/15/15

Note: Crappy Cell Phone Pics

A fridge slide was always on my mind since purchasing the edgestar. I liked the idea of being able to pull out the fridge and have very easy access. After months of using my head to prop the lid open, I pulled the trigger on a Tembo Tusk slide! Found here: http://tembotusk.com/ I did research on the most popular slides including the DIY option. My patience is minimal so the DIY was out of the question.
Their fridge slides are made from 12 and 14 gauge steel and utilize 500 pound rated Accuride locking slide tracks. Same heavy duty slides found in emergency vehicles, utility trucks, big rigs, and the military. Also, made in the USA!!!

This slide is super heavy duty...I can easily say it will last the lifetime of the vehicle. That is a long long LONG time considering the FJ is a Toyota :sombrero:

Now I know I mentioned I do not have the patience for DIY slides... Thankfully I have some awesome FJ friends willing to lend a hand on the next step of the project.
I decided a wood "False" floor would be the best option to help secure the fridge. Off to Home Depot I went and had a few pieces of 3/4" Maple Plywood cut. I removed the cargo hump located in the trunk and did a test fit to see how the Home Depot cuts were... Pretty nice fit!

image7.jpg

There is a brace for the rear seat that sticks out a little. I wanted to utilize the 4 threaded holes in the rear to secure the wood so cutting a notch in the plywood was the best option.
This allowed the floor to slide back into position and cover all 4 mounting locations.

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

After a test fit, a slight problem stood in the way. The Factory seats have a plastic cover on the back with a slight ridge at the bottom that kept catching the wood. When the seats would fold up and down, the lip would catch the wood and prevent a full range of motion. It was time to remove the platform and trim a little off.

image3.jpg

After a little trimming the platform fit perfectly and the factory holes lined up. The Slider was bolted on using M8 bolts and nyloc nuts.
Got the platform all bolted on and tested out the slider with the fridge! This thing is so secure the entire truck will move before the slide or platform even makes a noise!

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

Overall I;m very very happy with the fit and finish of the Tembo Tusk Slider on the custom wood floor/platform. Can't thank Josh (Jnev) enough for all the help!
Really cool to lend a hand. It's amazing what can be done in such a short time with the right tools. Part #2 coming soon as I look to add on some storage bins.

TO be Continued!!!

BJ'sFJ

Cargo Platform and Tembo Tusk Fridge Slide Update #1 10/17/15

Stopped by The Container Store in Fashion Valley to upgrade my rear storage setup. I've been using these very large plastic bins for my tools, toiletries, camp kitchen, and clothes. They have done alright. The big downside is the latches are flimsy and the container isnt very rigid. I picked up 3 - Grey watertight totes. These use thicker plastic and have 4 latches that snap shut. 2 fit next to the fridge and 1 will go on top. The plan for the one up top is to mount it on top of a fridge cage. Will work on that later.
Bin 1- Tools, Straps, Jumper Cables, Gloves, and Tent Stakes
Bin 2- Toiletries, Silverware, Plastic cups, Paper Plates, etc.
Bin 3- Clothing and Sleeping supplies

The tent will sit just behind the fridge. Everything is fairly organized now!

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

pyrate

Rollin' along
How do the gray totes hold up when you strap them down? I'm looking for some new ones as well that don't deform with a bit of pressure from a strap.

BJ'sFJ

How do the gray totes hold up when you strap them down? I'm looking for some new ones as well that don't deform with a bit of pressure from a strap.

These new ones from the container store are great! I've got one strapped down and it barely flexes. MUCH nicer than the softer green bin I used before.

BJ'sFJ

Two of the latest shots before the FJ goes on a diet. Aluminum bumper is on order! Excited for the finished product. Should be about 2 weeks or so...
AP has been removed. Rocking the stock for a little.

latest.jpg

fjart.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven