Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

Naptown

Observer
Looking good! I wonder if the Squadron Pro R will fit in the older Demello bumpers... I will have to look into this

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Bumper looks nice. I was on the fence with that one or the aluminess, and chose an aluminess, but that is definitely on of my favorites.

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Looking good! I wonder if the Squadron Pro R will fit in the older Demello bumpers... I will have to look into this

They will fit in the older Demello Bumpers. You may have to drill out the mounting brackets.
Very simple modification for a lot of light!

BJ'sFJ

Ordered a set of Toytec Superflex 2" Rear Springs (RCC2.0)

These matched with my longer Tundra FOX 2.5's should be perfect!
I'll be gaining about 2" over stock and ~.5" Over my spacer lift setup with 10% increased spring rate.
Stock length is 14.88" and these are pretty close to 17" so my spring length issue will be taken care of as well :)

Can't wait for these to arrive at my door! Toytec has been very helpful in determining the best setup for my application. Give them a call if you have any questions toyota related.

They have a nice list of parts available for a variety of Toyotas!
http://www.toyteclifts.com/

Superflex 2" FJ Rear Springs
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/ToyTec-Superflex-rear-Coils-FJ-03-4Run_p_25.html

BJ'sFJ

Toytec Superflex rear coils came in!

attachment.php

attachment.php

BJ'sFJ

Anza Borrego/ Ocotillo Wells 11/21/2015

Decided to make a quick trip out to the desert before this busy Thanksgiving week.
Got about 90 miles of dirt in Sunday morning before heading home. No crazy report as I didn't have the work camera and didn't have the chance to document much.

Ozzy, my corgi/lab mix, and I at Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs
Ozzy1.jpg

Camp set up in Inspiration Wash. We had a great view overlooking Borrego Springs and the Airport.
CampSunset.jpg

Waking up after a long night by the fire. Lots of stories and adventure planning shared. Ozzy and I went for a quick walk where we ran into some signs of company near the campground. Must have been a desert fox or coyote.

CampMorning.jpg

Ozzy.jpg

Took off after packing up and did a quick 90 miles up and down Anza Borrego and Ocotillo Wells. More detailed trip report for the future desert runs.
Desert season is here! Lots of trips coming very soon! Will try to abduct the work camera for documentation

image5_1.jpg

image4_1.jpg

image6.jpg

kerouac

Hey Blueberry, I don't post often but I have followed your build since your first post. I just had to log in and say how much I appreciate your FJ. It's almost exactly how I would build mine and to be honest, I think I'm gonna just pull the trigger on a voodoo blue and mimic what you've done. My wife and I have an F150 with a trailer and we do a ton of camping but for a couple years now we've also wanted a second rig for mild "off the beaten path" mountain biking and road tripping. I hope you don't mind imitation as a form of appreciation. Take care and thanks for posting.

BJ'sFJ

Hey Blueberry, I don't post often but I have followed your build since your first post. I just had to log in and say how much I appreciate your FJ. It's almost exactly how I would build mine and to be honest, I think I'm gonna just pull the trigger on a voodoo blue and mimic what you've done. My wife and I have an F150 with a trailer and we do a ton of camping but for a couple years now we've also wanted a second rig for mild "off the beaten path" mountain biking and road tripping. I hope you don't mind imitation as a form of appreciation. Take care and thanks for posting.

Thank You very much for the kind words! I really appreciate it. This started off as a build on a budget then I quickly thought "buy once , cry once. " .... Do it right the first time.... I'm very familiar with the FJ platform as I had one before this. They are great vehicles! Feel free to build any way you'd like. Send me a message sometime if you have any questions about this build :)
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Thanks

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Do you think your roof rack costs you any mpg? Noise? I don't have a rack on my FJC, and don't have a burning need for one. But once in a while I wish I had one.

drobb

Adventurer
Hey Blue.....Was that you on La Costa Ave Thurs night around 10pm? Looked like your setup....even the roof rack lights :)

BJ'sFJ

Hey Blue.....Was that you on La Costa Ave Thurs night around 10pm? Looked like your setup....even the roof rack lights :)

Yep! Haha headed home to Leucadia .. The Christmas lights make it a little easier for a blueberry spotting 👍🏼

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz