Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Do you think your roof rack costs you any mpg? Noise? I don't have a rack on my FJC, and don't have a burning need for one. But once in a while I wish I had one.

Probably doesn't cost much in the gas mileage department. Wind noise isn't bad. The FJ isn't very aerodynamic so it's kinda noisy to begin with. I love my Baja Rack!

xCSx

Adventurer
Nice!
We just picked up a 2013 FJ. Going to be the fiance's daily driver soon... I want one for myself now! Great vehicle!

franklantern

Craig Lathem
Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I was at Anza Borrego on 11/21 as well. Great area down there, wish I lived closer. Good looking FJ!

Last edited:

BJ'sFJ

Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I was at Anza Borrego on 11/21 as well. Great area down there, wish I lived closer. Good looking FJ!

Definitely a great area! Where are you based out of? Thanks! Love the photography on your website. Looking to get into taking more photos but only rarely have access to the work Canon T3i.

franklantern

Craig Lathem
I am up in Norcal. Going to head back down to Death Valley soon. Hoping to add a Demello front bumper. Maybe we get a chance to cross paths some day. Will be following your post here to pick up some build pointers.

BJ'sFJ

Merry Xmas, how are the superflex coils when you load up the rig?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas! Have been busy and haven't had a chance to take the FJ out.
Always loaded with the fridge and tools and haven't had any complaints. I have some worn out bushings on all of my rear links so the rear end kinda wanders a little.
Once those are changed out, I'm sure I'll have a better idea of the ride quality.

At 122k miles it is bound to have some worn out and very cracked bushings.

Thank You

Last edited:

BJ'sFJ

945292_10204000703496985_54577071682608463_n.jpg

image1_1.jpg

image5_2.jpg

image2_1.jpg

image4_2.jpg

image3_1.jpg

got out to Anza Borrego Saturday and Sunday for a little exploring. Was fun and a little chilly at night. Not too bad! Only issue was my tent... it's Time to find a new Tent. this yellow instant tent folds over on itself and the joints are cracked.
String kept it from collapsing this time around. Luckily didn't get any wind this trip. Time to search for a replacement.

:drool:
Had a fun getaway besides the tent issues. More upgrades coming soon....

franklantern

Craig Lathem
Dang, I should have gone there. I was down at Death Valley over the weekend and it was around 20 degrees at night. I would have froze if not for the space blanket under my sleeping bag. Good looking campsite! Where is that inside Anza Borrego?

BJ'sFJ

Dang, I should have gone there. I was down at Death Valley over the weekend and it was around 20 degrees at night. I would have froze if not for the space blanket under my sleeping bag. Good looking campsite! Where is that inside Anza Borrego?

Arroyo Salado Primitive Campground. It's a neat spot with pit toilets. Only complaint is being close to S22.
Quick trip on the S22 and you're at the Calcite Mine Trail. That is my favorite in the park with the most rewarding view.

BJ'sFJ

How do you like the terra grapplers?

Had them for about 20k miles now. Very happy! Haven't really tested them in snow. Our local mountains are getting hit this week so I might head up to Big Bear.
I haven't ever lost traction in heavy rain ... but I really don't push these to the limits in wet conditions. Traction control has not once kicked on :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven