Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
Snow was my next question. Im looking for something after the MTRs I run now. They are nice, but too loud for daily driving.

I guess it's time for me to head to the mountains this weekend. Looks like they are getting some good snow. If I make it out, I'll post up some info on the tires

BJ'sFJ

Headed up to Big Bear for a day trip. Just got home. Had a blast driving all the way to Big Bear lake on snow covered roads from Hesperia. A lot of it was hard packed with some areas a couple feet deep. It really was a good time. Got to test out the Nitto Terra Grappler G2's in some real snow and ice. I am very happy with them! They shed snow very easily and I had no issues today. It's amazing how snow and Ice can really make the trails pretty interesting. Ozzy had a blast playing with other dogs in the snow.

image1_2.jpg

image4_3.jpg

image3_2.jpg

image2_2.jpg

BJ'sFJ

Have a new tent coming my way this weekend... Really excited to try it out. Will be nice having a tent that will last for years to come Marmot Limelight 3P

27110_9412_f.jpg

27110_9412_alt1.jpg

Feature List
-Gear Loft Included
-Footprint Included - Use Shiny (Coated) Side Up
-Two D Shaped Doors / Two Vestibules
-Seam Taped Full Coverage Fly with Vents
-Color Coded "Easy Pitch" Clips and Poles
-Free-Standing Design
-Seam Taped Catenary Cut Floor
-Interior Pockets for Small Gear Organization
-Light-Reflective Points
-Jingle-Free Nylon Zipper Pulls
-Can Be Used with Bare Bones Setup
-DAC Press-Fit Poles

el_topu

Adventurer
I have the Marmot Tungsten 3P and I love it, it's really light weight also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loubaru

Adventurer
Have a new tent coming my way this weekend... Really excited to try it out. Will be nice having a tent that will last for years to come Marmot Limelight 3P

Feature List
-Gear Loft Included
-Footprint Included - Use Shiny (Coated) Side Up
-Two D Shaped Doors / Two Vestibules
-Seam Taped Full Coverage Fly with Vents
-Color Coded "Easy Pitch" Clips and Poles
-Free-Standing Design
-Seam Taped Catenary Cut Floor
-Interior Pockets for Small Gear Organization
-Light-Reflective Points
-Jingle-Free Nylon Zipper Pulls
-Can Be Used with Bare Bones Setup
-DAC Press-Fit Poles

I think this is the same tent my wife bought me a couple years ago, if not ours is very similar (maybe larger because I think ours is a "4 person" tent). We have a larger/less expensive REI tent we use for campground camping but LOVE the marmot for the off the grid or poor weather stuff. Seems to hold heat pretty well, is super easy to set up, sturdy, and has done well in the little bit of wind we've had it in. I was actually a little pissed that she spent that much money on a tent but after using it a couple times its definitely worth it. Should last a long time.

BJ'sFJ

I was actually a little pissed that she spent that much money on a tent but after using it a couple times its definitely worth it. Should last a long time.

I wasn't very happy at first to spend that kind of money on a tent. A friend has used one in all sorts of conditions and another has the previous model for over 6 years. Looking forward to a quality setup and It seems like a good investment .. I'm going to post some pictures when it arrives

BJ'sFJ

Picked up a nice toy the other day. Icom 2730A VHF/UHF Dual Band Radio. Waiting on getting my license but for now I'm enjoying being able to listen in on local repeaters and tuning it to race frequencies.
Pretty cool unit install on a Mob Armor Magnetic mount. Radio is tilted slightly towards to the drivers seat for clearer views of the screen. Mounted it down on the console as I don't plan on messing around with it much while moving.
Installed the Comet antenna on a Comet universal lip mount. Very easy to fold the antenna while going into the garage.

Radio.jpg

antenna.jpg

Icom 2730A (VHF/UHF):
http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/mobile/2730a/default.aspx

Mob Armor Mount:
http://mobarmor.com/

Not so great pics but you get the idea. :sombrero:

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Nicely done! Liking the Mob mount, thanks for that heads-up. I did my rear door lip mount on the driver side to keep the antenna from swinging through the tree branches when the door swings open. Used a Diamond with the mini-coax terminated in SMA so I could easily use it with my handheld.

Got a Boztec ham mount that I'll be putting on soon. Grabbed some antenna/cable parts from work and came up with a temp solution until I get something nicer to run behind the panels. Still haven't decided on a mobile unit to actually mount in the truck. Leaning towards Yaesu FT-7900R as I already have the programming software from my handheld.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Comet has some neat fold-over antennas in a variety of lengths. Definitely recommend them :smiley_drive:

x2. I went to the antenna reviews on eham (http://www.eham.net/reviews/) to find out what worked and what was a waste of money for everyone who came before me. Got a Comet SBB5-NMO because it's practically invulnerable if you believe the Internet, lol. I don't have a garage myself, but I have yet to find an overhang or parking garage entry that gets the better of this thing. I have a short lightweight bungee cord to keep it folded over if I have to. For the times when my truck might be parked a while I got an NMO cover cap and just take the antenna off.

SBB-5NMOFoldOver_zps6beb6b8a.jpg~original

I've thought about stepping up to Comet's SBB7-NMO for the increased sensitivity since I'm still just running my 5w handheld in my truck, but it has a 'less durable' reputation and its profile is not as stealthy as this. You'd be amazed how this 38" whip sort of disappears behind the truck. I've watched people walk right up to the back before they see the antenna.

BJ'sFJ

Decided to head out to the local sand box for a day trip. It was really nice to see some green out in Anza Borrego and Ocotillo Wells. The recent rains really helped out!
Sheep Canyon Campground was beautiful. No blooming yet but the next couple of months should be spectacular. FJ did great all thanks to the Total Chaos Fab and Fox Suspension.

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads