Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

Warlord6

HMFIC
Nice build, Moonglow Pearl is the second best color I've seen on an 80! Glad you're in another 80, but I've loved your Tacoma for a while now. You'll love the MTR's. Please let us know how Zachs roof rack turns out as I'm looking for something and that looks promising. Subscribed!

Box Rocket

Nice build, Moonglow Pearl is the second best color I've seen on an 80! Glad you're in another 80, but I've loved your Tacoma for a while now. You'll love the MTR's. Please let us know how Zachs roof rack turns out as I'm looking for something and that looks promising. Subscribed!

Thank you. Fortunately the Tacoma isn't going anywhere. So nice to have two capable trucks in the stable. Also, the MTRs aren't new to me. I ran a set on the Tacoma for a while so I knew what I was getting into with them. I was really impressed with them on the Tacoma which is why I chose them for the 80.
I'm anxious to get the rack from Zach too. I truly think it will be the best looking and probably strongest rack option for 80 series cruisers on the market.

Box Rocket

Suspension swap is complete!
Damage report:
Only 3 broken bolts
Two broken 3/8 Drive Ratchets
one broken strap wrench
one broken shock
One smashed finger
So besides a few unexpected hiccups (what can you expect when dealing with 20 year old components?) it came together alright. So other than the springs and shocks, the new cruiser has longer brake lines, adjustable panhards, caster correction plates and some 2" spacers.
Before:

After:

Box Rocket

Thanks guys. Did a couple other things last night. I have a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers that I installed last night. I've like the spacers on my Tacoma so I thought I'd try them out on the cruiser. I think it is the perfect amount and puts the tires out flush with the flares. Feels a bit more stable and adds a little weight to the steering feels which I like.

Also got the wheels repainted. They had been painted before but were a little faded and chipped. So, cleaned them up and shot them with a few coats of VHT Satin Black wheel paint and few coats of clear.

Here's a couple shots of the wider stance with the spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman