Brandy's 2012 JKUR Build

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Ah, yes, ... that is a MUCH better word. Brandy has good taste.
As much as I love my Savegre wheels, I think those just look dang good on that truck. I'd love to get a set and do them in the black. I have gotten used to the black (i.e.: don't have to clean the wheels from brake dust ever weekend!- Lazy ... I guess!)
And yes, they do look almost identical to wolfs.
... I guess I need to start saving my money again!
D

greggNJ

Observer
James,
The Jeep is looking great. As soon as I saw the first pic with the white wheels I recognized it from Mark's post about the same trip on JKF. There were questions about your wheels there too.
Looks like a great trip!

cbboard

looks great james! i may hit you up on getting 5. i've always loved the simplicity of the NAS 110s, and the overland JK from a few years ago was the initial motivating factor to buy a jeep.

how did the powdercoating come out? did they match the bright white paint of the jeep or is it just a random white? i rattle canned the wheels on our old D2 white but the color was just off enough from the chawton white to annoy me and my wife a bit.

also, are you running spacers with those wheels?

btw...we are moving to OKC in 48 days. can't wait!

James Pierce

Adventurer
looks great james! i may hit you up on getting 5. i've always loved the simplicity of the NAS 110s, and the overland JK from a few years ago was the initial motivating factor to buy a jeep.

how did the powdercoating come out? did they match the bright white paint of the jeep or is it just a random white? i rattle canned the wheels on our old D2 white but the color was just off enough from the chawton white to annoy me and my wife a bit.

also, are you running spacers with those wheels?

btw...we are moving to OKC in 48 days. can't wait!

The powder coating is almost a perfect match to the bright white. I am running 1.5" Alloy USA spacers. The steel wheels have the some back spacing as the factory alloy wheels. This makes things simple so when I switch back to the alloy wheels the spacers are already there.

Last edited:

James Pierce

Adventurer

FYI, They only have 3 in stock and no mention if they are new/used/refurbed... It tells you the stock when you put them in the cart with the '*'.

They are used. Mine were new from Mopar. I have one used one I'll sell you for 65.

James Pierce

Adventurer
Did a little back to school shopping!

Did a little back to school shopping before Brandy returns to work on Wednesday. Never know what obstacle you might come up against during a 2 mile commute.

34" Goodyear MTs

IMG_0656.jpg

AEV Heat Reduction Hood

IMG_0655.jpg

AEV Rear Bumper

IMG_0658.jpg

AEV Front Skid

IMG_0659.jpg

Brandy likes the "Shiny" wheels (LOL) so the white steel wheels and KM2's went upstairs on a pallet until our next overlanding trip. This gives me an excuse to test out the Goodyear MTs and compare them to the KM2's. So far they are considerably quieter, however they are new. Time will tell.

Last edited:

cragrat

The mtr holds up pretty well. I have 20k on mine and easily going to get another 10 out of them. I do put the spare into rotation and rotate every time I change the oil.

James Pierce

Adventurer
Catching Up

With close to 25k on the JK now we have had zero issues with the jeep or mods thus far. (Knock on wood). We really do like the 2012.

For me overlanding is simply a means to experience the beauty God created. You miss so much when your limited to scenic overlooks.

I recently returned from a 2500 mile trip to Moab with 150 miles being offroad in and around Canyonlands National Park. I had to cut my trip short due to work. Wish I could have gone the full 450 miles with the rest of the group. The AEV lift performed admirably. No rattles or squeaks on very rough roads and it does not sag much when Pepe is connected.

161A2528.jpg

West Texas Sunset

161A2585.jpg

Gateway to Moab

161A2845.jpg

Kicking Up Dust

161A2835.jpg

The Road Less Traveled

161A2798.jpg

Lathrop Canyon

161A2774.jpg

Airport Tower

161A2732.jpg

Colorado River and La Sal Mountains

161A2599.jpg

Gateway to Moab

161A2591_2.jpg

Gateway to Moab

161A2981.jpg

Gooseberry Camp

Last edited:

James Pierce

Adventurer
Preparations

Last minute mods before a trip seem to be the story of my life. Not only do I spend long hours at work preparing to be absent for several days, I spend long hours under the trucks trying to finish up something I've put off for months. The night before our annual K Trail trip in february I worked until 2 in the morning finishing a complete rebuild of the axels in our D90. Moab wasn't any different. At first I was driving, then flying, then driving, flying, driving... at the last min plans changed and I wound up needing to drive which left a few loose ends to tie up before I left.

ARB diff covers and Lube Lockers. I chose the ARB covers for their; incredible strength, excellent design, built in dip stick, and top notch quality. They're not simply a pice of broke plate welded to a flange like others on the market. Made from nodular iron and CNC machined these things are nice. The Lube Locker eases installation and makes future access a breeze.

First order of business was to drain the diffs.

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

I chose to polish the casting on both the differential and cover to remove the tooling marks and provide a smooth surface for the Lube Locker to seal.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

A little bit thicker :)

IMG_1033.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven