Buckstop "BAJA" Front Bumper

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I have their standard bumper on the Dodge. Have had it for years. Well made, can stand up to abuse...bounced it off a tree or 2...powder coat finish still intact, just a bit faded.

Toolman

Explorer
I have their standard bumper on the Dodge. Have had it for years. Well made, can stand up to abuse...bounced it off a tree or 2...powder coat finish still intact, just a bit faded.

Is it steel or aluminum ? How long ago did you buy it ?

Would you buy it again ?

Toolman

Explorer
I like it a lot.. I really like how the front stinger points forward a little like a pre - runner, but it has a beefy look to it. There's only 1 other bumper I want but it's not ready to be manufactured yet. "UJOINT"

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I like it a lot.. I really like how the front stinger points forward a little like a pre - runner, but it has a beefy look to it. There's only 1 other bumper I want but it's not ready to be manufactured yet. "UJOINT"

Yea yea..... I hear ya!! :)

billwilson

Adventurer
bump

whats the weight of the buckstop vs aluminess

fyi
go to the "other" site, ck my gallery
my aluminess totaled a mustang.....

Toolman

Explorer
I'm not sure of the weight, however they come in aluminum or steel. There is no doubt the Aluminess is a nice bumper, however I'd like to my van to have a more aggressive look. If I had access to a tube bender I'd make a custom bumper myself. I was thinking of finding a bumper for an F350 and making it fit the van there are way more choices out there.

What's the "other site" ??

billwilson

Adventurer
I'm not sure of the weight, however they come in aluminum or steel. There is no doubt the Aluminess is a nice bumper, however I'd like to my van to have a more aggressive look. If I had access to a tube bender I'd make a custom bumper myself. I was thinking of finding a bumper for an F350 and making it fit the van there are way more choices out there.

What's the "other site" ??

dont know the ettiquite here (nor can i spell :)
the one that focus's on Sportsmobiles and is a forum.....

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
about $1800 if I had a tube bender.

Sorry for the off topic, but with a winch mount, light weight of tube vs. plate, and the absense of other tube winch bumper options at the present - the Off Road Tech bumpers look like an outright steal for $1200 retail for those wanting a tube style (no affiliation, your mileage may vary, cheese extra, plus tax in Guam, offer not valid where you live, etc.). I'd still like to find a way to mount an ARB F Series bumper up front, which according to the "other" forum Bill mentioned, either should be a bolt up...

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Ok if this site doesnt have the info people are looking for what is the harm in actually telling the name of the "other" site. Surly the owners of this site cant be that stuck up to try and help people out, or am I wrong in thinking that this is a free country..... If not can someone PM the info to me if they are afraid of the site mongers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy