Build up costs

outbackjack

Observer
Hi All,

Hope you dont mind.I thought I would start a new thread which list what people have paid for upgrading the vehicle.

Below is what i thought it might cost to fit out a vehicle.

Canopy 12k
Rear Aircon 4K
Winch 2K
Solar Panels 3k
Bull Bar 2k
Water Tanks etc 1k
SRW 5k
Suspension 5K

Cheers

engineer

Adventurer
Winch 5K
suspension 8K
Rear Air, Depending on what you get 4-12K
Don't let it scare you Jack, these prices are for the whole kit, kaboodle and installed, and are ESTIMATES only for FNQ.
Need to get a hold of Whatcharterboat for definitive pricing mate.

outbackjack

Observer
The rear air was for a dual cab and putting A/C for the rear pax, as apperantly the Dual Cabs A/C is not up to cooling the whole cab.

I am still looking for a Dual Cab.

Not sure if 2001 has the Turbo or Intercooler

Guess that would add another 5 to 6k if you wanted to fit one.

engineer

Adventurer
Shooting from the hip here Jack, but if my mind serves me correctly, the Turbo Canter came out due to ADR 80 and Euro 4 compliance. Which makes it 2002/2003. I know the 2000 models were the 4.2 natural. Not sure about the 2001. The Dual cab would probably suit a small roof mount system, but i have seen a small system mounted under the rear seat and ducted via P.V.C. down pipes to just behind the drivers head on the ceiling. Not that pretty, but pretty effective. I would give serious consideration to a Denso Evap. from either a tarago or commuter, and have a seperate condenser under floor mounted. but try and keep it so that you can still tilt the cab.
Yes, you can Tilt the cab, but you must undo the rear body mount bolts and then crane it up. make sure it wont fall on you if you ever do this because if it does, it will kill you.

outbackjack

Observer
This are the two types of A/C of have seen so for the rear

bottom AC.JPG

overhead cab air.jpg

Good idea using tarago or commuter A/C. I could put one in the sleeper cab in what ever build/buy.

markymark

just got back from the camping show in Bris, was chasing the same sort of info as you, here are some numbers I got:

SRW - $6k - for 6 wheels (custom made wheels)

Full Suspension package:
(EDIT: Full custom job - lengthened leaf springs 100mm extended each end, dual koni shocks, crossmembers all moved out to cater for the longer springs etc etc LOTS AND LOTS OF WORK) - $10k

:snorkel:

Last edited:

93Canter

Observer
Yes, you can Tilt the cab, but you must undo the rear body mount bolts and then crane it up. make sure it wont fall on you if you ever do this because if it does, it will kill you.

Will that work with the 1993 Dual Cab? I tried it once and got it about 5 inches up using jacks.

I then decided that I really did not know what damage I might be doing, and put it back down again.

alan

Explorer
just got back from the camping show in Bris, was chasing the same sort of info as you, here are some numbers I got:

SRW - $6k - for 6 wheels
Full Suspension package - $10k

:snorkel:

Is that 6,000 dollars for six rims and tyres?

93Canter

Observer
Rear Aircon 4K

My aircon is pathetic but it is good enough for me. (just)

I put a lot of effort into sound proofing which also acts as thermal insulation. That and getting the windows tinted have meant the aircon has less work to do. The whining from the passengers is now down to a mild whimper, the problem with this approach is that it is now easier to hear the complaints.

If the sound levels in the 2001 canter are anything like the 1993 I would put sound proofing at the top of the list.

Re the SRW conversions are any of them offering tubeless 16s or are they all 19.5 inch wheels?

outbackjack

Observer
These are on Ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MITSUBISHI-CANTER-4X4-16-X-8-RIMS_W0QQitemZ140324946758QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20ac04c346&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Think Rear A/C for dual cab is a must. And heat/sound proofing.

On a side note, the Canter I was going to pick up turned out to be a bit dodgie. It was a mix of parts and the owner told me several different stories. I am now looking at a couple of more. Heres hoping I can get one soon. I will be putting pictures etc up once I found one and then also of the build up.

Does any one know if you can get a rear diff lock for a canter?

alan

Explorer
Those rims on Ebay are mine, I have 50 available.

No diff lock available for the rear as far as I know, but the std LSD is usually pretty good, I am looking at getting front diff locks made as a friend has made several for different applications.

These are on Ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MITSUBISHI-CANTER-4X4-16-X-8-RIMS_W0QQitemZ140324946758QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20ac04c346&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C66%3A4%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Think Rear A/C for dual cab is a must. And heat/sound proofing.

On a side note, the Canter I was going to pick up turned out to be a bit dodgie. It was a mix of parts and the owner told me several different stories. I am now looking at a couple of more. Heres hoping I can get one soon. I will be putting pictures etc up once I found one and then also of the build up.

Does any one know if you can get a rear diff lock for a canter?

outbackjack

Observer
Alan,

OK. I am still undecided on Rim size. 19.5 Inch or the 16 inch.

is there a picture of your truck somewhere?

What do you use it for?

alan

Explorer
I'm in the process of rebuilding the truck, it's in a sad state at the moment, there's a few pic's in the canter rims thread.

John, if I can get the lockers made I'll let you know, this guy has access to all machinery to make the gears etc.

Alan,

OK. I am still undecided on Rim size. 19.5 Inch or the 16 inch.

is there a picture of your truck somewhere?

What do you use it for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater