Building my first 4x4 van HELP! FIRST POST TOO! Been Lurking

FEDUPWBS

Observer
These are the only pics I have on my iPad so far. I think posting them worked. I am up in the middle of the night with a screaming tooth ache and getting a root canal in the am so my patients is very short when trying to learn how to post pics right now :Wow1::Wow1:
Got an oasis compressor to put in this thing and trying to figure out where to mount it. Van hauls *** and drives and rides very well. The winch bumper I got from Chris has some pretty serious flaws like missing welds and the pass side extension tube being 1.5 inches shorter than the driver side so I haven't fitted the winch to it. I have been unable to get a response from him on getting it replaced. I live in California and have been to Chris's shop personally and have no doubt he will make it right if I can actually get ahold of him.
List of stuff that still needs to be done and parts in hand:
Oasis OBA
UJOR Airbags
Battery relocate to frame and custom cold air intake.
Leather heated and cooled Air ride seats.
Rear bumper, previous ********** cut off the rear frame horns and welded a "custom" rear bumper/receiver to it.
Transfer flow 50 tank. Probably have to mod it due to my own super awesome I.e. "Custom" rear shock mount.
Warn 16.5ti waiting on bumper resolution and battery relocation.

Stuff I want to do after I get the parts I already have installed:
Way better mirrors!
Interior carpet and insulation.
Custom roof rack
This will never be done until I have cruise control and power windows, CC is not an option as suspension is so stiff it's impossible to not have the throttle bounce like your on a stadium course when on California's crappy highways.

And to the guy that wants to build one of these vans for $4k :rofl: that's what I have in my transmission converter and tcase and didn't even get crazy on it. There is simply no way to build these things "cheaply".

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Two words that should never be used together; "Economical" and " Conversion".
Nice to see some pics. Would love to see your air ride seat setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Seats

Have to fab new bases for the seats and figure out how to make the shoulder belt mount work as it is fixed to the b pillar and needs to go up and down with the seat. Pointless until I can get the compressor mounted and have an air supply. My problem is making the time ( hundreds of hours) to do all of this.
Is there a sticky that explains how to post pics for web challenged people such as myself?

Have to fab new bases for the seats and figure out how to make the shoulder belt mount work as it is fixed to the b pillar and needs to go up and down with the seat. Pointless until I can get the compressor mounted and have an air supply. My problem is making the time ( hundreds of hours) to do all of this.
Is there a sticky that explains how to post pics for web challenged people such as myself?

Kkkk

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The winch bumper I got from Chris has some pretty serious flaws like missing welds and the pass side extension tube being 1.5 inches shorter than the driver side so I haven't fitted the winch to it. I have been unable to get a response from him on getting it replaced. I live in California and have been to Chris's shop personally and have no doubt he will make it right if I can actually get ahold of him.

This is the 1st I've heard of the bumper issues, my phone is on 24/7! Please shoot me some pics, give me a call, drop an email, whatever works for you. The tube in the picture looks fine, is there an issue with the other side? All of the bumpers are welded & assembled in the same jig, haven't had any issues. Please let me know asap so we can solve the problem.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Been having trouble finding a picture or any info on the quigley crossmember for the (expensive and rare) transfer flow tank I purchased two weeks before Chris announced his BOLT IN awesome aluminum unit. Timing is everything :-(.
TF did a special run of ten over a year ago and I grabbed one. My 03 needs a x member fabbed to support the front of the tank and I currently have it supported by a ratchet strap so it's out of commission until I make something.
On the positive side TF looks like it made room for an Atlas in the future.
I now have a nicely modified and leak free stock tank for sale.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
image.jpg
Still have not installed the air ride seats or oasis compressor. But I did just get the full quiet ride kit and gutted the "custom" interior from the last owner. Catch 22 as I don't want to mount the oasis compressor till I relocate the batteries and I don't have much time lately, no compressor means no seats or airbags installed, uggh.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
While I'm at it here are some engine pics extracted from the cell phone. I rebuilt the turbo and did the full gambit of ceramic coating and polishing up-pipes etc. installed the full bypass regulated return and air dog system and it was worth every cent!
image.jpgimage.jpg

Jb1rd

Explorer
Wow, you all are insane, in a totally ************** way. She looks a little desert racked in that pic with your lady, is she or is it tropical delusion? Nice work

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Wow, you all are insane, in a totally ************** way. She looks a little desert racked in that pic with your lady, is she or is it tropical delusion? Nice work
That's actually my lovely daughter. Isn't normally raked like that probably some camera angle and lots of weight in ammo and crap in the back.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Just installed factory cruise kit I scored on sale on ebay for $150 shipped! God I have been wanting this since the first day I got the van. My original clock spring (ribbon?) mount was wasted so repair was in order apparently.
image.jpg

Started installing the quiet ride kit on the lid. Much more work than it seemed in the brochure :)
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh