FEDUPWBS

Observer
2011-10-27_11-26-53_177.jpg

2011-10-27_11-27-22_983.jpg

2011-10-27_14-15-25_697.jpg

2011-10-27_14-15-55_249.jpg

dsw4x4

Adventurer
i tried to put a truck exhaust on my van it was no where near a close fit, it hung way to low and nothing lined up. That is not to say you could not make it look. I just remember thinking it was more effort to make it fit than it was worth.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
i tried to put a truck exhaust on my van it was no where near a close fit, it hung way to low and nothing lined up. That is not to say you could not make it look. I just remember thinking it was more effort to make it fit than it was worth.

Thanks for the reply. UJOR said the same thing. Do you guys have some pics of your install? Is the turbo mounted in exactly the same place.
If I were to remove a section from the down pipe and relocate the hangers would it work. As long as the bends are in the correct locations removing 3-4 inches from the down pipe would/should bring the system closer to the body? I know this seems to be lots more work than necessary but AFAIK NOBODY has a stainless kit on a 7.3 van which is why I want one :ylsmoke:
I guess what I want is someone to say "it just will not work!"

I am no "Master Fabricator" but I do have a nice TIG welder (Miller Synchrowave 200) and can plop on some filler rod, it is mostly covered anyway :Wow1:

FEDUP

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Anything can be done if you have the time & $$!!! I've seen larger downpipes on 7.3 vans, and you can make a truck kit work with some hanger modification. I would make a sketch of the ideal setup, and then call a few of the companies to get some specs. Most of these kits have several joints thru the system, so they should be able to tell you which kit has the best pieces to make it work.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
OK back on track, been busy as hell at work for 5 weeks STRAIGHT no days off! Trans is done with billet 3 clutch converter. Said screw it and ordered the diamond eye 4" exhaust in leu of fooling with trying to adapt a SS f series kit. Gauges and pillar mount ordered. UJOR full 8" kit ORDERED today YAY!!
Need to make a tire decision like TOMORROW 37x13.50x17 likely will go with KM2s
Looks like I will need a FASS fuel system and regulated return setup and DP tuner as well.
Need front driveline core too.

SUGGESTIONS?

FEDUPWBS

Observer
Just got front 4.56 gears master kit and arb ordered from 4 wheel parts should be in hand tomorrow. Wheels and tires are next tomorrow

FEDUPWBS

Observer
I went with Nitto MT 10 ply because no KM2 available in the 13.5. Got 6 tires and 6 wheels just to be safe :victory:

FEDUPWBS

Observer
looking for big *** trans cooler now. Running out of crap to buy for now. Waiting for springs to be made. I will be picking them up in LA in about a week or two, if you want to show off your van Toolman?

Toolman

Explorer
With traffic I'm about an hour away from Atlas Spring, so come on down. There's a buggy in Fresno that I may be going to look at in a week or so.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
OK, got some vacation time. The carnage starts in the morning on superbowl sunday the build begins! Have not even opened the boxes yet but Chris seems so thorough that I didnt think it was needed. Pics and feedback to come.

FEDUPWBS

Observer
May have to call you during the game (build) with a question :Wow1: But stage 1 doesnt seem to difficult.
Any video on the double shock mount install?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
No problem. I'll email some pics of the DS001 instal, it's pretty simple.

I'll shoot an install for them soon, when I put them on V4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh