Burzon's 2004 4Runner SE (V6) Overland Build

MBurzon

Photo/Video, Mechanic, Cook, Driver, First Aid
So my posts got a little out of order but I obviously finished prepping my rig for the 2014 Vermont Overland Trophy. Here are some pics that document the journey.

Custom fairlead by Research in Recovery with the "trails end beverage" feature. (Bottle Opener)

Front and rear bumpers sandblasted and repainted by Finish Solutions.

Repainted the new gas tank skid and all other RCI skids while the paint was out and the lockers were going in.

Clocked and installed a new Warn M8000 into my freshly painted Shrockworks bumper.

Installed new JW Speaker LED fog lights.

Installed ARB locking diffs front and rear with 4.56 gears. (previously had 3.73 gears)

Installed all my RCI Skids including the gas tank skid. These are worth their weight in gold.

Last edited:

Lecoq

Explorer
Man this thing is coming along great. Should be lots of fun with the new gearing and lockers.

MBurzon

I wouldn't normally be inclined to post a bike rack installation on my build thread, however the Yakima Sparetime is absolutely amazing. I didn't think I would ever find a spare tire rack that would work with my offset design, larger size tires, while allowing me to maintain my departure angle on the trail. This is a sweet product.

Last edited:

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
is that the one that goes through the center of the wheel and attaches behind the tire? i was looking at one of those for my Jeep - but now i need to get a tire carrier for my 4runner so i can be cool like everybody else :(

MBurzon

That's the one. It's nice because unlike the competition it will work with 33" + tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBurzon

I finally got around to cleaning up my headlights. I wet sanded with 1000 grit and then used 3000 grit before polishing with some compound and a high speed power ball on the end of my drill. I'm very pleased with the results.

97466d6a73a304c5be6266dbb78e9efd.jpg

278c1ab0f55f56c02791aeb82d3e2e87.jpg

MBurzon

In an unexpected and slightly impulsive turn of events, I'm upgrading my lifestyle to "digital nomad" and leaving on a cross country overland adventure in August. I purchased a Coachman Clipper Travel Trailer that will be my home for a little while. I envision creating a separate adventure blog and will post a link to it here. My plan is to head straight to the four corners area of the US and will spend a few weeks in Moab, UT.

Last edited:

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i recommend stopping by Red River Gorge in Kentucky. some awesome scenery and great trails to ride

Adventurous

Explorer
Hey all! I'm going on a 15,000+ mile tour of the US leaving in June. This truck is mostly ready to roll and I'll be living out of a town behind travel trailer! I'm going to create a separate blog and will post a link to it here. Stops include Michigan, Wisconsin, Colorado, Moab, UT, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, New Orleans, Florida, Tennessee, and many more. Just my dog and I at this point. More to come soon!

You bringing your MTB? If you wanna ride while you head through the Denver area let me know and I'd be happy to either show you around or point you in the right direction.

MBurzon

@Marshal - I might be able to come through Kentucky in the late October early November time frame.

@Adventurous - I will send you a message when I hit Denver. I will be looking for some good MTB trails to stretch my legs on.

Last edited:

Tx9812valve

I saved some major coin buying this truck used, but unfortunately I don't have the benefit of a full build history. I've researched the rear bumper quite a bit, and the best I've concluded is that this was a kit bumper from 4x4 Labs. I will post some close up pics soon.

Nice Runner! Looking at the rear tire carrier I think it's a Crozfab, or at least a copy of it. I was looking at building one similar, it's a nice tire carrier.
A couple links...
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20578&page=15
http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1992

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal