Call me crazy, but I want a shuttle bus.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
A wheelchair lift would be cool, but I get by fine with an aluminum ramp and a 2000 pound ATV winch. Think about whether committing all that weight and space to the wheelchair lift is really the best option compared to cheaper/simpler/lighter alternatives.

Village Idiot
A wheelchair lift would be cool, but I get by fine with an aluminum ramp and a 2000 pound ATV winch. Think about whether committing all that weight and space to the wheelchair lift is really the best option compared to cheaper/simpler/lighter alternatives.

Like? I'm open to all ideas.

spurious

No one reason they eat alternators and batteries, I'm of the opinion of the poor battery cables they use when they are converted. They typically remove factory battery and make a junction to the pull out battery tray,where both batteries are placed. One battery goes bad and you don't know it and it then taxes the system. My theory any way....

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
It's a little big but this would make a good starting point. I like the lack of windows.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-E-Series-Van-Turtle-Top-Bus-/142036722406

lmgnM6S.jpg

Petrolburner

Explorer
I intend to build something along these lines someday, but I'll use a box truck. The ease of working with flat walls and right angles, combined with the need for much fewer windows than a bus typically has makes the decision for me. I'd rather cut a hole and add a window where I want it than have to cover up a bunch of windows I don't need. The Reflectix window shades in my Motovan stay in place 99% of the time.

makevx73

Check out skoolie.net. It's a site all about bus conversions. There's a section for "short buses". I know if it's a true school bus that there can be some problems in some states getting them registered and insured. But there's plenty of people doing it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven