Camper and Truck Photos

GpnAZ

Observer
Thanks!

Thanks Guys! Nathanael, you have some beautiful images on your website, I really enjoyed them. My wife and I were both born and raised in MN, although we met each other after we had lived in Phoenix for a number of years. We always enjoy going back and visiting the relatives and friends back in MN.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Nathanael, you have some beautiful images on your website, I really enjoyed them. My wife and I were both born and raised in MN, although we met each other after we had lived in Phoenix for a number of years. We always enjoy going back and visiting the relatives and friends back in MN.

Thanks. :)

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Raptor Pop up

Raptor pop up
OffRoadPopup-1.jpg

Geo-Den
007-2.jpg

Fully Equipped inside, only 570 lbs
010-6.jpg

011-5.jpg

CLynn85

Explorer
Raptor pop up

011-5.jpg

The thing I love most about this style camper is the fact that when closed and parked somewhere, it doesn't stick out as a camper very much at all, just looks like some cooky work truck (other than the fact that it's a Raptor) and doesn't immediately finger you as a "tourist" with a big honkin camper on the back. Good work! Would love to see an interior shot or two just standing at the back door looking in for some perspective.

NothingClever

Explorer
Some summer vacation pictures :D .

Just after cresting Los Pinos Pass.

DSC00997.jpg

On the way to Cinnamon Pass (CO) from the Lake City side.

DSC01051.jpg

My 2 y/o daughter watching "Wonder Pets" on Mom's new iPad. It was hovering just above freezing outside but toasty inside.

DSC01031.jpg

Tried to go over Ophir Pass but it was closed on the Telluride side. Open all the way on the Silverton side.

DSC01118.jpg

Mineral Creek area, northwest of Silverton, CO.

DSC01128.jpg

Dunno where this is but it's Colorado.

DSC01043.jpg

Just south of Ashcroft (ghost town) which is one valley east of the Maroon Bells valley.

DSC01157.jpg

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Hey Clever,

How do you like the awning off the back of the camper? It looks to be a Fiamma? Your camper is a Fleet correct, I wonder what I could find to fit an Eagle?

NothingClever

Explorer
Hi Nathaneal :bike_rider:,

The awning is great and yes, it's a Fiamma F35 Pro 1.8m model (the case is 71.5" end to end). I bought it for the sun and rain of Florida (upcoming move) where I know we won't surive without it. We didn't use the awning on this trip in Colorado since the sunshine in the morning was welcomed to scrub off the night's frost.

On a user-friendliness note, it's best deployed with two people but doable with one. I stand on the hitch basket to deploy it while the 4WC top is popped and it would be near impossible for me without it. On a separate but somewhat related note, that hitch basket makes entry and exit and roof loading a lot easier on a lifted truck. The step stool that 4WC provides (good quality) is simply too short for a lifted truck. You gotta stretch to get in and it's a big drop when exiting. The hitch basket really closes the gap as another step and makes loading/unloading/sorting gear a LOT easier.

Anyways...back on track.

The supplied Fiamma brackets (which are mounted to the vehicle and the feet of the awning's support legs fit into) weren't a clean mount to the FWC so I improvised and simply screwed some hooks into the wooden 'eaves' of the Fleet. The Fiamma feet (at the ends of the support legs) have holes in them and I just hook the feet to the hooks on the camper. Not a final solution but a good 'nuff to get goin' one.

Suffering a bit from OCD, I chose to go with the Fiamma awning in order to color match the F45 that came on the Fleet from FWC.

If you order your FWC shell without an awning, you might want to check out Carefree of Colorado. They'll have (or fabricate) the right size for the Eagle and will be less expensive but high quality. Maybe not as jazzy and sexy as an Italian Fiamma but fully functional just the same.

Hope that helps :) .

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Really ? Are you serious ?

Just thought I would add an odd ball FWC picture in here from time to time.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_6665.jpg
    IMG_6665.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 361
  • 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 111111.jpg
    111111.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 326

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
Those little trucks saw great service in the UK, in combination with the Island Plastics Romahome, a demountable two berth camper.

fx5ieh.jpg

Surprisingly, they started off on the 360cc Honda Acty, then the Bedford, Suzuki and Daihatsu's. The camper module could be left, freestanding, though the majority remained affixed to their base vehicles till that unit was replaced.

These camper's have a tremendous following here.

That Four Wheel Camper looks kinda neat on that wee truck, though no one will be getting a speeding ticket anytime soon.
happy0054.gif

Lighthawk

2006 AC Tundra, 08 FWC Hawk

Here's my rig. I got my FWC Hawk in July 2010. Since then it's been a blast with trips to Death Valley (hey Sunni), East Side of the Sierra, Mendocino coast kayaking, Tour of central Nevada, and lot's of shorter trips.

I added Ride-Rites and a sway bar to help control the camper when bashing about, plus Bilstein 5100's all around. The truck came with 18" wheels to which I added BFG AT's. Mileage ain't great at 13mpg, but it's a capable package to go many places.

With sink, 3-way fridge and furnace we're comfy. I will be adding a Wave 3 before fall, in addition to blower furnace. Both can be complimentary I believe. Other mods are gas can holder in the back, home-made arctic pak, lifters for the top, (soon to be) Bike tights to the rear for vertical mount of two mtn bikes. Some LED's have been installed plus new PM-1 group 31 house battery w/ smart Iota charger to keep electrical up to snuff.

135825837.jpg

135825835.jpg

135825833.jpg

The bikes were thrown on top for an quick trip, but will soon be mounted on the rear of the camper.
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/7328-another-steele-pass-moment.jpg
One other shot from Steel Pass, DV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues