campsite pics..lets see um

ITTOG

It was ridiculously long! We (2 of us) left the Ouray side around 1pm and met up with a group of 8 heavy adventure riders (BMW 800/1200, Africa Twins, KTM 990, etc...) at the trail head and headed up together. The Ouray side is a f@#$ing mess from all the SxS traffic. The steeper parts are just gravel, scree, baby heads and dugout steps/shelves.......So, just imagine 400-800 lb bikes full of camping gear muscling their way up that stuff. About every couple hundred feet someone went down so we'd have to stop and reset the bike. My buddy Superman'd off his 800 on a giant slab of granite darn near seriously hurt himself!
By time we got to the summit the sun was going down and by the time we rode into Telluride it was well after dark and everything was closed. Oh, and that was after getting lost on the west side of the pass in the mining district and one of the BMW's rear brake locked up and we needed to do a field repair.(that last picture of the bikes on the trail was actually pitch black....not sure why it looks like mid day)

I loved it!

Planning this years adventure motocampride if your interested?

View attachment 841945View attachment 841946View attachment 841947View attachment 841948View attachment 841949View attachment 841950View attachment 841951View attachment 841952View attachment 841953
Well that sounds like a true adventure. Loved that you indicated you loved it. Too many would loath that and not appreciate the experience.

Do you have a google phone? If yes, that last photo looks that way due to their night sight technology. It is great but sometimes, as in this case, is too good.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I sensed from your first post that there may have been a few riders who struggled a little on Imogene.. I'm sure the showers were a nice thing to have at the end of the day.

Wait.. Aren't you on the new bike?

"Adventure just means I'm gonna be late to dinner"
I love this quote! I need to share it with my lovely wife!

Crossed fingers!! I head out to northern Wyoming this weekend to pickup my Unicorn bike! The 2022 Tenere T700 in Tec Black with a 1000 miles on it. They only made the Tec Black in 21-22 and it's the one I've been searching for.......so, crossed fingers nothing happens in the next couple of days before I head out!

It's the bike I'll be rolling on this years MotoCamp run August/September. I'll post it up on here for anyone thats interested.

IMG_6977.jpeg

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I love this quote! I need to share it with my lovely wife!

Crossed fingers!! I head out to northern Wyoming this weekend to pickup my Unicorn bike! The 2022 Tenere T700 in Tec Black with a 1000 miles on it. They only made the Tec Black in 21-22 and it's the one I've been searching for.......so, crossed fingers nothing happens in the next couple of days before I head out!

It's the bike I'll be rolling on this years MotoCamp run August/September. I'll post it up on here for anyone thats interested.

View attachment 841967
IMG_6977.jpg

Congrats! Happy you were able to get the one you wanted. Now let the fun begin! Any plans for it?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
View attachment 841999

Congrats! Happy you were able to get the one you wanted. Now let the fun begin! Any plans for it?
Thanks!

Yep. There are two things I chose this bike to do.

1) Long distance travel. Mainly highway/ two-lane runs back and forth from Colorado to visit my family and friends in Kansas City, Mo. and points in between. I've already got the Tenere aluminum panniers and rack for the road travel.

2) Adventure travel. Continue to explore Colorado, Utah and points south/west.

I'm going to keep the bike as OEM/bone stock for the foreseeable future and only upgrade/farkle as needed. I'd like to get a extra set of OEM wheels so I can just swap street tires to dirt tires depending on where I'm going. I suspect this will be the last "big" bike I'll get since father time keeps kicking my ********. From here I'll start looking around the 250-400 range.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Thanks!

Yep. There are two things I chose this bike to do.

1) Long distance travel. Mainly highway/ two-lane runs back and forth from Colorado to visit my family and friends in Kansas City, Mo. and points in between. I've already got the Tenere aluminum panniers and rack for the road travel.

2) Adventure travel. Continue to explore Colorado, Utah and points south/west.

I'm going to keep the bike as OEM/bone stock for the foreseeable future and only upgrade/farkle as needed. I'd like to get a extra set of OEM wheels so I can just swap street tires to dirt tires depending on where I'm going. I suspect this will be the last "big" bike I'll get since father time keeps kicking my ********. From here I'll start looking around the 250-400 range.
Sounds like a good plan. Only thing I've added to my bike is a Quad Lock phone mount, an expandable tail bag from my old bike and upper cross bars.

I was lucky as it came from the factory with saddle bags, hand guards and a pretty robust bash plate.

Work bike.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
That is a gorgeous bike! Well done!

Got any trips planned for that beast?
Thank you!

Lots I want to do. Just gotta find the time. I'd love to head down to Drumheller, ride the 11 bridges road to the ghost town then ride around the hoodoos.

Also around the David Thompson corridor to check out the Rail Trail.

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Thank you!

Lots I want to do. Just gotta find the time. I'd love to head down to Drumheller, ride the 11 bridges road to the ghost town then ride around the hoodoos.

Also around the Davis Thompson corridor to check out the Rail Trail.

Nice......Just Do It!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal