campsite pics..lets see um

RoundOut

Explorer
Is that a Kelty Trail Dome 2 in that picture? If so, I have one of those, and LOVE it for backpacking adventures. It sets up in just a couple minutes! Great tent.

kcowyo said:
Bull Lake in Wyoming -

BullLake380.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
RoundOut said:
Is that a Kelty Trail Dome 2 in that picture?
Honestly, I don't know.

It belongs to my cousin who comes out to WY from MO, every summer to work as guide on fly fishing trips in Jackson Hole. That was a random 1 night outing on his way through to Jackson. I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him.

I do know he has since totalled that 4Runner. Dodged a Moose on a tight trail in Grand Teton NP but wrapped the 'Runner around a Cottonwood tree. Totalling it must have been easier than organizing his mess of gear....

I do have a couple of other pics from that overnighter, maybe you can tell if it's the Kelty you're thinking of...? -

Bull+Lake+170.jpg

Bull+Lake+90.jpg

Bull+Lake+280.jpg

Bull+Lake+329.jpg

RoundOut

Explorer
kcowyo said:
I do know he has since totalled that 4Runner. Dodged a Moose on a tight trail in Grand Teton NP but wrapped the 'Runner around a Cottonwood tree. Totalling it must have been easier than organizing his mess of gear....
That sucks! I trust he was OK?

kcowyo said:
I do have a couple of other pics from that overnighter, maybe you can tell if it's the Kelty you're thinking of...? -
Bull+Lake+90.jpg
Nope. Its not the Trail Dome 2. The TD2 has a side entrance and when the fly is on, it has a vestibule. That one has the entrance from the end. It looks to be about the same size, though.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Here are a few from this past weekend. Cold and rainy the first night at 9000 feet with snow flurries. Next nigh nice and warm at the Saline Valley Hot Springs:)

Last edited:

Green Ganesha

Adventurer
Here are a few recent years' campsites. They range from roughing it with the Tent Cot to luxuriating in the Campa ATT. That stand of sublime oasis palms isn't far from the cluster in Kevin's recent shot. The denser-treecover site was in Monache Meadows earlier this month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach