campsite pics..lets see um

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Here are a few pictures of my family camping trips in Idaho.

Stanley Lake in the Sawtooth Mountains of Idaho from our camping spot.
HPIM0286.jpg

Picture of me at Redfish Lake outside of Stanley..
HPIM0807.JPG

Beautiful country!

IdahoIV

I'm new here so I don't know how to quote with the pictures an all that. (I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere explaining it..)
Thanks Vency and Nwoods! Those pictures of Bulgaria are very beautiful!

The Stanley area is one of the prettiest places I have been to. It does get a little crowded in the summer but with views like that, I'll deal with some people!!

JeepinBear

Explorer
I'm new here so I don't know how to quote with the pictures an all that. (I'm sure there is a thread around here somewhere explaining it..)
Thanks Vency and Nwoods! Those pictures of Bulgaria are very beautiful!

The Stanley area is one of the prettiest places I have been to. It does get a little crowded in the summer but with views like that, I'll deal with some people!!

WELCOME and thanks for the pics of Stanley / Redfish!!! I miss that area sometimes. My wife and I recently moved from Idaho to New Zealand and used to stomp around Stanley quite a bit.

Again, welcome and keep the pics coming!

IdahoIV

WELCOME and thanks for the pics of Stanley / Redfish!!! I miss that area sometimes. My wife and I recently moved from Idaho to New Zealand and used to stomp around Stanley quite a bit.

Again, welcome and keep the pics coming!

Thanks!! Wow!! New Zealand! that must be an amazing place to live! I do love Idaho.. it is has unlimited amounts of beauty and yet most people don't seem to know it exists! I will have to scrounge around for some new pics soon!

stormrider

some pics from the western alps on the old french italien border. all camps are more than 2'000m above sea level.

07AT01-34.jpg

07AT01-35.jpg

camp near lac du mont cenis

07AT06-01.jpg

caserma della bandia

07AT06-26.jpg

fort central

Rot Box

Explorer
Rot Box, that campsite just makes me shiver and feel sorry for anyone who had to camp out in that cold...LOL Damn, I hope you had a good heater

I'm with Every Mile on that one. There's no way I could camp like that.

:coffeedrink: based on years past the FWC and its heater were a gift from heaven! I didn't get cold once that night woo hoo!

Coldest for me so far was -5*F on the ground in a sleeping bag... The best advice I can give for cold weather camping: Go to the bathroom BEFORE you go to sleep and don't have too many of these :beer: nothing is worse than having to get out of a warm sleeping bag in the middle of the night LOL! :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues