CampWithChin 2010 Sequoia build

oldcelicaracer

Observer
Did u use the OEM cross bars for the tent ? How did it handle the tent up there, I have a o1 Sequoia and it's gonna be my full time overland rig.i have a tepui on my ranger right now and want it on the top of the Toyota but having hard time finding info on if it will hold my tent and four people thanks and rig looks great

molanginaeda

Observer
Did u use the OEM cross bars for the tent ? How did it handle the tent up there, I have a o1 Sequoia and it's gonna be my full time overland rig.i have a tepui on my ranger right now and want it on the top of the Toyota but having hard time finding info on if it will hold my tent and four people thanks and rig looks great

@oldcelicaracer I use aftermarket solution. The Sequoia has the Slim Line II rack from FrontRunner Outfitters. Depend on how heavy your RTT, I wouldn't trust the oem cross bar to hold RTT + 4 peoples. There are a few roof rack solution for 1st Gen Sequoia.

molanginaeda

Observer
My suspension upgrade. I’m currently running bilstein 5100 both front and rear. I’m using Dobinson Coil Springs on Front & Rear, which has 45mm or 1.77 inch lifted.

0df3f237d06ceec9a40942a8254ca79a.jpg

bd71bd7c26593c07c4ce0894287e5beb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medracr

I'm curious as to which roof rack you're using, and how your roof box is mounted? I want to do something like this, where I have the rack to mount jerry cans, shovel, recovery tracks etc, and still be able to mount a rigid storage box to get stuff out of the back of the rig. Thanks

molanginaeda

Observer
I'm curious as to which roof rack you're using, and how your roof box is mounted? I want to do something like this, where I have the rack to mount jerry cans, shovel, recovery tracks etc, and still be able to mount a rigid storage box to get stuff out of the back of the rig. Thanks

I’m using Front Runner Slimline II roofrack. They have many accessories to attach to their light weight, yet strong roofrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMOD

Similar to you, I'm looking to spec out a Sequoia to travel the country.
You mentioned that your Sequoia had high mileage when you bought it. Was curious how many miles it had when you bought it and how many miles it has now. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk