******** Cepek Fun Country II

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Are you sure about that?

At least in the 285/75R16 size, the load-range D BFG AT is rated for severe winter weather with the mountain snowflake symbol while the 'same' tire in load-range E is not.

(according to The Tire Rack's website)

Be car full with the BFG AT's I have herd that they lost there snowflake symbol and are no longer classified as an extreme weather tire.

Bowhunter

Whether or not your see yourself as an overland traveler or enthusiast, there is surely much information helpful to outdoorsmen on this site. ☺

I agree with you there 100%, wealth of info on here. I need to explorer a little more.

I fall more into the outdoorsmen/enthusiast category.

Pretty much traveled all of Canada from NS right to BC. I used to work in forestry out west so it was usually a hard-core 4x4 adventure involved every time we hit the woods. I like the off road stuff but I can't lie I much prefer my canoe on a still morning on a nice stillwater casting a fly to a brook trout. But the getting to that stillwater is half the fun :)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the FC II, spoke with my dealer on Fri and we are just working out a price. Getting back to me on Monday. If/when I buy them I will post up a picture installed.

Oh yes, I have also noticed that on some load range BFG AT that snowflake is not there....... weird. Usually I run a C for my smaller truck's. Every pair I have ever bought have had the snowflake.

Last edited:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I hope you give them a try. Hopefully price is not the deciding factor and you can pick the FCII even if they cost a little more.

snip...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the FC II, spoke with my dealer on Fri and we are just working out a price. Getting back to me on Monday. If/when I buy them I will post up a picture installed.

Oh yes, I have also noticed that on some load range BFG AT that snowflake is not there....... weird. Usually I run a C for my smaller truck’s. Every pair I have ever bought have had the snowflake.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
My personal experience with the FC IIs has been very positive and were the best winter tires I've run. Other tires that I an comparing them to from my own expereince would include BFG ATs, Dean MTs, Pro Comp MTs and a few other off brands. Without a doubt the FC IIs were the best for winter traction by a long shot. So you know the conditions they were run in, we live in the snow belt of the Great Lakes area, have heavy, deep snow for 5 months of the year, and traverse hilly, curvy and lightly maintained rural roads as a part of day to day life. Roads are constantly snowed over and are often iced over during the winter. The vehcile they were mounted on served as a work, play and hunting base camp rig. The FCs excel at snow and sand, do very well on rocks and woodsy soils but suffer some loss of traction in clay or thick mud. My first set I got 55,000 miles out of with rotations every 3500 miles, My second set had 48,000 with tread life left when I traded thew truck they were mounted on in.

Hope that helps.

Ski2fly

Nice information on here.

Any update on the ******** Cepek F-C II ? Still happy ?

Bow hunter, did you buy them ?

I'm hesitating between ******** Cepek F-C II, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac in size LT275/65R18 or simply going to a real winter tire as the Hankook RW11 or other choices.

As I live in a Canadian province with a winter tire law (need the flocon or a LT tire), I will use the tire for winter specially but if I get the FCII, I will probably keep them longer if it's not all year.

What do you think about the FCII on ice ? As good as a winter tire ?

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Yes, I still like the F-C II tire, very much. However I will share that the friend I sold my first set of slightly used F-C II 285/75R16s to is having some balance issues according to a recent email from him. I hope to help him chase down these issues soon, and determine if his F350 is possibly part of the problem (wear), and not the tires.

I have no personal experience with DuraTrac tires but a friend recently put a set on his Tacoma and likes them thus far. I would not hesitate to try the DuraTracs if that is what you want, looks like a good tire to me :sombrero:

As noted in this thread, my experience with the F-C II has been that it is a very good winter/ice tire, though I don't live in Canada so surely our conditions are different.

Last edited:

Ski2fly

Yes, I still like the F-C II tire, very much. However I will share that the friend I sold my first set of slightly used F-C II 285/75R16s to is having some balance issues according to a recent email from him. I hope to help him chase down these issues soon, and determine if his F350 is possibly part of the problem (wear), and not the tires.

I have no personal experience with DuraTrac tires but a friend recently put a set on his Tacoma and likes them thus far. I would not hesitate to try the DuraTracs if that is what you want, looks like a good tire to me :sombrero:

As noted in this thread, my experience with the F-C II has been that it is a very good winter/ice tire, though I don't live in Canada so surely our conditions are different.

Thanks for the information.

How much milleage has the first set of F-C II ? And your second ? Is it happening often the balance issue ?

F-C II is my first choices but the price is about $250 more than the Duratrac. I know that siping are deeper on F-C II than Duratrac and probably keep F-C II a better winter tire on 3-4 winter than Duratrac.

Have you ever tried the BFGoodrich All Terrain ? What is the experience compare to F-C II ?

Thanks

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
How much mileage has the first set of F-C II ? And your second ? Is it happening often the balance issue ?

First set of FCII were sold to a friend with 6k on them, wear was great/slow. He is running them on an F350 and has not put many more miles on them. He recently told me his biggest problem was the right-front rubbing on his bumper... This is a high-mileage older truck (1996), so I suspect that some of his issue may be worn/bent parts (he said so). That said, any tire can develop balance problems. As you know, tire balancing has lots to do with the tech doing the job, the wheels as well as the tires. I have frequent flyer miles at my tire shop so they make sure my tires are balanced well, rotated on the wheel as needed if one tire/wheel combination are not working together.

FCII

1st set: see above

2nd set:

LT265/75R16 because I didn't want the wider 285 and wanted to see what I could do with a 265/75. I did lots with 265s, but prefer a taller/bigger tire so they were removed. Performance and wear was the same = very good. These have about 6k on them too and are waiting to find a new home. Balance was fine.

3rd set:

Love the FCII tread and didn't want to run the shorter 265/75 so I went back to 285s for the height. These only have a few thousand miles on them, getting close to the first rotation but are wearing and performing normally, as expected. BIG trailer towing in a couple weeks and then winter, should be fun :)
No balance issues thus far.

F-C II is my first choices but the price is about $250 more than the Duratrac. I know that siping are deeper on F-C II than Duratrac and probably keep F-C II a better winter tire on 3-4 winter than Duratrac.

Have you ever tried the BF Goodrich All Terrain ? What is the experience compare to F-C II ?

Thanks

Yes, the FCII siping is deep, I don't know about the DuraTrac. Do you know the DuraTrac siping is not full depth?

I have never ran a set of BFG AT, but I believe others in this thread have and much prefer the FCII. The FCII is probably noticeably louder than the BFG AT.

Last edited:

uneekwahn

With gusto !
Hi everyone,

Only came across the EP forum this morning and saw this thread, so I thought I'd sign up and give my experiences with the FCII in Australia.

I purchased my FCIIs about 3 years ago in preparation for my 2 month honeymoon to the Kimberley region in Western Australia's far north.

I got 6 FCIIs for the trip and to this day am still running the 4 original FCIIs that were put on my 4wd. The two spares (one on the back of the 4wd and the other in my shed) have not been touched and still have the little knobs on them :)

They saw approximately 15,000km (~9500 miles) in 2 months on some pretty gnarly roads (Cape Leveque, Gibb River Road, Purnululu (the Bungle Bungles) Road and some of the Tanami (to Wolfe Creek Crater). Since then they've also been on some other 4wd tracks around Western Australia and normal highway driving.

In total, over the past 3 years they've seen probably close to 45,000km (~27,000 miles) and I've only had one puncture in that time (due to a nail - which I had removed and professionally patched).

I am absolutely amazed with these tyres. I've had some parts of the lugs come off, but nothing that concerns me regarding safety of the tyre. I still have plenty of tread left on them as well.

Anyway, just thought I'd my 2c in to this thread as I really like these tyres and will ultimately get a new set when needed.

Cheers,

Jason.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Welcome Jason! I would love to see Australia! These tires look very interesting! EVERYBODY seems to put up good reviews!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Welcome to The Portal and thanks for sharing your experiences with your FCII tires :)

snip...

Anyway, just thought I'd my 2c in to this thread as I really like these tyres and will ultimately get a new set when needed.

Cheers,

Jason.

skysix

Adventurer
Hi everyone,

Only came across the EP forum this morning and saw this thread, so I thought I'd sign up and give my experiences with the FCII in Australia.

I purchased my FCIIs about 3 years ago in preparation for my 2 month honeymoon to the Kimberley region in Western Australia's far north.

I got 6 FCIIs for the trip and to this day am still running the 4 original FCIIs that were put on my 4wd. The two spares (one on the back of the 4wd and the other in my shed) have not been touched and still have the little knobs on them :)

They saw approximately 15,000km (~9500 miles) in 2 months on some pretty gnarly roads (Cape Leveque, Gibb River Road, Purnululu (the Bungle Bungles) Road and some of the Tanami (to Wolfe Creek Crater). Since then they've also been on some other 4wd tracks around Western Australia and normal highway driving.

In total, over the past 3 years they've seen probably close to 45,000km (~27,000 miles) and I've only had one puncture in that time (due to a nail - which I had removed and professionally patched).

I am absolutely amazed with these tyres. I've had some parts of the lugs come off, but nothing that concerns me regarding safety of the tyre. I still have plenty of tread left on them as well.

Cheers,

Jason.

Can you still get the FC-II Kevlars in Aus? Can't find them in Canada or US, only in Iceland and I am looking for 6...ideally the 38/15.5x16.5

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Just checking in with an update. As a refresher, I have a set of the DC FC II's in the 285-75 R16 size. They are mounted on our 2000 Toyota, 100 series Land Cruiser. It's equipped with a Slee Blueberry front bumper, a Warn 12000 winch, Master-Pull synthetic winch line. In the back we have a pair of Adventure Trailers drawers (Loaded) with an ARB fridge. They have approximately 3000 miles +/- towing our ex kimberly kamper.

In preparation for switching to studded snow tires for the winter season, I just finished checking the air pressure, taking a tread depth measurement and marking the tires, so they may be rotated back into service in the correct locations.

The tires now have 18,645 miles (30006.218 km) on them and have been rotated every 5000 miles (8046.72 km). This last check revealed that they are wearing at the rate of 3122 miles (5024.371 km) per 32nd of tread wear. Over the life of the tires they have averaged a wear rate of 3107 miles per 32nd of depth. For our metric neighbors that translates into approximately 6001 km's per 1 mm of tread wear. If this wear continues, I should be able to get 50,000 miles out of them swapping them out at 4/32nd's (We will see how they look at around 8/32nd's).

I have to say thanks to Redline, because I would have never considered DC's without his advice and research.

nakman

I've been enjoying reading all the posts on these tires... these could be the ones for the 100 series. I was all set on Nitto Trail Grapplers but they are telling me now they won't be making the 285 75 r16 size so phooey.. back to the drawing board.

also figured I may as well sign up at the Portal here, been thinking about it for about 5 years and just never got around to it. Hey everybody :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues