Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

Aspen d'Grey

When you do template the fridge, note the placement of the hinges, that can have a serious impact on where you can put it if you can't open the top ;)

Ooh, thank you, that's a good point. I was planning on seeing how much I could open the lid but had forgotten it would swing backwards as well-- seeing the photos above here gives me a good idea of how much.

Eventhough

Explorer
I'm having a little trouble with my 43q condensor not staying on when I cut my FJC off. It runs perfect when I use it in my house and I did replace the plug for inside my car. I'm thinking that with almost 60,000 miles on my original battery that it might be time to buy a new battery, and while I'm at it I'll install a dual battery set up.

Oh, I did notice today that the fridge warmed up to 58 deg F while still plugged in and the green power light was on. I didn't notice if the yellow light was flashing to indicate a low power supply...I'm testing it tonight. Unfortunately I'm out of town and don't have my volt meter with me...

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I got to see the pray4surf fridge install today at my house. Awesome job! I forgot to ask you while you were here. What made you choose to install it behind your drivers seat, instead of behind the pass. seat? Just wondering, because I would always want to be able to recline my seat.

Next question.

If I bought one of these fridges, where would you install a deep cycle battery in a first gen 4Runner? It seems that I almost have no room under my hood. I've wondered about installing a thin Odyssey Deep Cycle in one of my two rear side pockets.

Example with specs....

Or....could I just Use a Deep Cycle Battery up front as a starting battery? And solve the problem in one go?

No room for two Batteries up front!

2010_0403SWREngine0003.jpg

What a Can of Worms!....UG!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
If you want to take a straight down shot of the template, I can draw it up in CAD quickly and make a printable PDF version that you can email out.

I just need to know the grid spacing on the paper you used.

Cheers
P

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
much appreciated! Will do after work today...

FYI - grid spacing 1/4"

Rick
I actually have it all ready to go, I had a few min to spare after lunch (East Coast). PM me your Email, and double check that this is correct.

I added a scale to the side so you can check to make sure it has printed to scale.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
got my 63qt monster sittin right next to the garage computer countin down from 75...its been on for about 5min and already at 66....

problem though...the way I was going to mount it makes the temp panel in-accessable and the hinge flips the wrong way to put it out in the open....also it kinda smothers the compresser vents...anybody flip the lid around?

Eventhough

Explorer
Once Pray4surf confirms that it matches his pattern and approves, it can be sent out.

I would hate to steer you guys wrong. I hope the wait doesn't kill you guys ;)

I would love to have the template too when it is available. I need a better way to tie down my fridge than cord to the handles.

Steve at TwoSpringsLLC ditty com

Thanks!

ExpoMike

FYI, I just got an email from Compact Applicance (since I am on their mail list)

Put in code REFUNDBUX at Checkout and get the following discounts.

Spend Save
$750+ $60
$500-$750 $30
$350-$500 $20
$150-$350 $10

Expires 4/15/2010 at 11:59pm CST
Offer can be combinded with current site discounts

Just helping out. :D

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
My 43qt fridge only has one latch (but I think I've seen pictures of others with two latches ?? ) - so for me to flip the lid around would require drilling new holes for the latches/hinges. Myself, I would be hesitant to do so unless absolutely necessary.

Sorry, don't have an answer for you. But felt a little bad that your question was getting lost in all the handle bracket discussion.

Here's a bump for you!

Rick

I went ahead and flipped it...used short screwes and its still workin like a champ!!

thanks for the bump!...

kai38

Explorer
I went ahead and flipped it...used short screwes and its still workin like a champ!!

thanks for the bump!...
I had called Compact to ask about flipping the hinges, they advise me not to do it. Glad it worked for you, I need to flip my lid too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater