Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Thanks for the heads up. Apparently the deal posted is for an open box only but as it turned out they were more than willing to deal on new units. I ended up with the 63 qt. for 450 with free shipping and no tax.:victory:

Cant wait to check it out!

Wait, what? Did you call and get them to come down in price? If so, awesome. Care to share the gist of your conversation?

I just missed the "under $400" deal on the 43qt and I was waiting to see if it would get back down to that price again (or for an open-box deal to come along).

ROCK_TACO

Wait, what? Did you call and get them to come down in price? If so, awesome. Care to share the gist of your conversation?

I just missed the "under $400" deal on the 43qt and I was waiting to see if it would get back down to that price again (or for an open-box deal to come along).

Sure.
I checked the website for availability of the 43qt open box and it said they were out so I decided to call and see if they had more or were going to get more. When I called the guy said "we are out of those and I hope to never have one again" When I asked why he said it was a return. Obviously he did not like returns. then he said "let me see what I can do" and came back with 400 for the 43 qt with free shipping on a new unit.
When I learned he could make a deal I enquired about the 63qt model. He came back with 450 and free shipping. The no tax was the benefit of buying out of state (Colorado).
Good Luck!

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i was watching the web site and ebay link for a while,,, then i finally just called them and asked if they had an open box 43qt,,,, they did, and it was $250.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Sure.
I checked the website for availability of the 43qt open box and it said they were out so I decided to call and see if they had more or were going to get more. When I called the guy said "we are out of those and I hope to never have one again" When I asked why he said it was a return. Obviously he did not like returns. then he said "let me see what I can do" and came back with 400 for the 43 qt with free shipping on a new unit.
When I learned he could make a deal I enquired about the 63qt model. He came back with 450 and free shipping. The no tax was the benefit of buying out of state (Colorado).
Good Luck!

Hrm. Just got off the phone, seems like my CSR wasn't empowered (or willing) to deal. I mentioned that there was an 86qt open box for $50 less than the 43qt, and he said just to wait for summer for another sale and/or open box.

He also indicated that the 43qts will never get back down to the sub-$400 price as that was a blow-out when they over-ordered units. Bummer.

Guess I'll just keep watching...

RHINO

Expedition Leader
the price i got mine was a super deal,,, but it was also over a year ago before they got popular.

Eventhough

Explorer
My 43 qt is at my wife's store right now keeping a 3 gallon tub of ice cream frozen for an event - is working like a charm.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
I'm looking to get a second opinion on the exact outside dimensions of the FP430. I know the factory says its approximately 25" x 17.75" x 24.75 but I'm finding actual dimensions often differ.

Thanks

Landay

I'm looking to get a second opinion on the exact outside dimensions of the FP430. I know the factory says its approximately 25" x 17.75" x 24.75 but I'm finding actual dimensions often differ.

Thanks

I'm having one delivered this week, I'll post up the dimensions when I get it.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
How do you see the open box deals? Just read about the 86qt available a few weeks ago, but don't see it listed. Is it gone, or am I missing anything, or you have to call?

Xterabl

Adventurer
yeah, open box deals are rare. If it shows "not currently available", or something like that, then u're probably sol. Best is probably just to call them.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Smksignals,

Thanks for letting me measure your fridge. Very stout looking and not that dissimilar to a National Luna fridge.

For future reference the factory specs state: 20.8" high x 24.75" wide x 17.75" deep.

The actual physical measurements are: 20.75" high x 23.5" wide x 16.5" deep.
Funny thing is, the shipping box states the actual size right on the box.

Smksignals

Explorer
Smksignals,

Thanks for letting me measure your fridge. Very stout looking and not that dissimilar to a National Luna fridge.

For future reference the factory specs state: 20.8" high x 24.75" wide x 17.75" deep.

The actual physical measurements are: 20.75" high x 23.5" wide x 16.5" deep.
Funny thing is, the shipping box states the actual size right on the box.

Your welcome Jerry. It was a pleasure meeting you. Your fridge slide is pretty ingenious. Something for me to think about for the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater