Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

kai38

Explorer
EdgeStar fridge cover

I have the Edgestar & have used it on five trips so far & it works great.
No one sells a cover for it so I tried my hand at making one.
Started at Wal-Mart & bought two Jumbo size Max Reflector Auto-Shade windshield sun shades appx $9.00 ea & two packages of white velcro strips appx $3.00 each.
The jumbo shade will cover three sides of the fridge, the side with the controls I cut a piece to cover the section under the handle and left the bottom open, there are air/compressor vents there, also trimmed openings for side vents on both sides. I cut a section to cover the lid. I cut it long enough to cover the backside and attached with the Velcro. I cut the top long in the front and it folds down and is held shut with the Velcro.
The main body of the shield is held in place with Velcro also. I removed the handles and eyeballed the top center screw hole & used a small brill bit & poked a hole through the shield. Screwed the screw in place and did the same for the other five screws. I did this on both handles.
The lid is cut a little longer on both sides and those tuck in between the side shield & the fridge.
For a first attempt it came out pretty good for about $25.00 in parts.
I made the cover because when I get to camp I remove the fridge from the rear of the cruiser & plug it into the battery box on the trailer. Leaving it sitting outside all day while out wheeling.

Edgestar%20cover%20%282%29.JPG

Edgestar%20cover%20%283%29.JPG

Edgestar%20cover%20%284%29.JPG

Edgestar%20cover%20%286%29.JPG

RHINO

Expedition Leader
thats funny kai,,, on my last outing i draped my reflective window shade over the fridge and thought, huh (me thinking) if i stick a couple pieces of velcro on each side it'll keep the shade on in a breeze.

Goatdog

kai38, you just saved me a lot of money. I will be making one of theses ASAP.

Took my 43qt camping this weekend. High temp was around 88 degrees. The fridge did great. I can't imagine going back to ice. In 44 hours of sitting still, I never had to start my truck to recharge the Aux Battery. Very impressive.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
hey banker do ya want something particular inside it to see the size? i pic of the inside empty wont do anything for ya.

kenallwine

Adventurer
OK, well forget that. The open box is not available. I bit the bullet on the new one and an extended 2yr warranty.

kenallwine

Adventurer
Talk about quick service! I ordered the fridge Tuesday before noon and when I stopped home at lunch it was already sitting there!:wings:

ROCK_TACO

Thanks for the heads up. Apparently the deal posted is for an open box only but as it turned out they were more than willing to deal on new units. I ended up with the 63 qt. for 450 with free shipping and no tax.:victory:

Cant wait to check it out!

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Thanks for the heads up. Apparently the deal posted is for an open box only but as it turned out they were more than willing to deal on new units. I ended up with the 63 qt. for 450 with free shipping and no tax.:victory:

Cant wait to check it out!

you got lucky like I did...I LOVE my 63qt...and I got the same price as you..the DAY after I ordered they went up $100 to $550..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater