Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

Lipek

Observer
Got mine today, came in well packed, plugged it in two hours ago to the home outlet and its below freezing already. I will not be able to test it in the car until I can instal auxiliary hard wired 12v outlet

CYi5

Explorer
Excellent. i love that website. it is quite large tho...fyi.

lol that is a monster fridge. Just finished five days in the Utah desert without any 43qt fridge hiccups. This will be close to three years without an issue; power going straight to the battery with a PriorityStart! LVD in between for safety.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
The plastic handles are really weak. The best seems to be bolting some slide lock feet on the bottom and using that. It works well. I don't remember which slide lock base I used though.

Lipek

Observer
The plastic handles are really weak. The best seems to be bolting some slide lock feet on the bottom and using that. It works well. I don't remember which slide lock base I used though.

Anyway you could find out ? After doing a little research I really like that idea but don't know which engel base would be compatible with edge star fridge

aek50

Adventurer
Yep, can confirm that the handles really aren't load bearing. Went to tie mine down and even after modest tension the handle popped off. Looks like the swivel pin only goes in a short distance causing it to pop out after the handle bends. Love the fridge otherwise.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
If you are worried about the handles being strong enough, look up the edgestar fridge mods thread. Someone made a steel bracket and mounted it behind the handles. So it used the same screws as the handle to attach it. Looked like a strong cheap way to approach it

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
If you are worried about the handles being strong enough, look up the edgestar fridge mods thread. Someone made a steel bracket and mounted it behind the handles. So it used the same screws as the handle to attach it. Looked like a strong cheap way to approach it

Here is a link to the Edgestar Fridge Mods thread. As CaliMobber stated, this thread contains quite a bit info on the discussion of fridge power and tie-down solutions.

ilguy

Observer
Quick update.....I had the 63 out this weekend. This is the unit that I picked up as a scratch and dent. This fridge performed flawlessly from Friday afternoon til Sunday afternoon. The handles are junk and need replaced. The 12v cord is also junk. That being said, still seems like a decent deal for $277. For the guys driving smaller vehicles, this thing is HUGE. It can haul the beer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC