Chinese Trailer - NJStar Explorer

Runmorun

I don't take any of it personally at all. If my unit sucked I would be on here slamming them and telling others to avoid at all costs.

For warranty work they either ship parts if its an easy fix, I had a bad hinge on a cabinet and the sent new hinges and a new cabinet door just to be sure it was fixed, or pay for repairs locally. When shipped I had some scuffs on the paint. They are paying for the trailer to be painted locally and reimburse for all costs. The company is solid. While there are not a network of dealers here at the moment, they stand behind the product from my experience and will correct any problems that arise quickly.

As for the longevity, they had one customer take his from Shanghai to Berlin and then around Europe and Scandinavia then back, all towed overland. Other than minor issues with tires, which would be expected, the unit fared well.

Again nothing personal taken at all. This is a forum so all opinions are welcome no matter what 😀

I just know what I recieved and the superior customer service I experienced and we are more than happy.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

So Oregontrd started this thread and I believe Runmorrun has also purchased one of these trailers and is selling them. So I believe thier are two of these rigs that these guys will let us know about. Is this correct?

My take on buying Chinese manufacturerd products. Full disclosure- I make my living as a consultant in US manufacturing and like to support US manufacturering as much as possible. I do not like buying products from companies that pay slave labor to thier employees. Not to mention dictatorship and human rights violators.

I also understand the global economy and lots of products are better made in China. Like carbon fiber mountain and road bikes. They own this market.

So I only considered north american made trailers because that's one item that I can purchase to support US manufacturing. I also can affoard to pay more for said trailer. Lots of folks cannot and this trailer appears to be made better then 99% of trailers out of IN (who only offer a 1 year warranty)

Reactions: plh

Runmorun

So Oregontrd started this thread and I believe Runmorrun has also purchased one of these trailers and is selling them. So I believe thier are two of these rigs that these guys will let us know about. Is this correct?

I am helping those who want to buy them, but I am not selling them personally. I have no business relationship other than as a customer who has gone through the buying process and is willing to help others so they can buy without any headaches.

I think there are 3 now since @Narrow Road Adventures recieved his as well.

I agree with not buying from people using slave labor and commiting human rights violations. I did my research, these are just overland enthusiasts like us who built their own trailer. It worked well and for 12 years they have been selling them. I have plenty of funds to buy American, but I also prefer quality over all and was very disappointed with the US market.

This fit my misson better than anything offered by a US manufacturer at the time with superior quality of build and materials. Received daily build updates and documentation of my build, something I don't think you will find even from the highest end manufacturers here.

And let's be real, i do not know of any US or any other manufacturer selling anything close for the 29k I paid all in including tax, shipping, duties, and My permanent trailer registration here in CA ($45 for 5 years including title docs).

Again it's my experience only I am speaking for.

I am helping those who want to buy them, but I am not selling them personally. I have no business relationship other than as a customer who has gone through the buying process and is willing to help others so they can buy without any headaches.

I think there are 3 now since @Narrow Road Adventures recieved his as well.

I agree with not buying from people using slave labor and commiting human rights violations. I did my research, these are just overland enthusiasts like us who built their own trailer. It worked well and for 12 years they have been selling them. I have plenty of funds to buy American, but I also prefer quality over all and was very disappointed with the US market.

This fit my misson better than anything offered by a US manufacturer at the time with superior quality of build and materials. Received daily build updates and documentation of my build, something I don't think you will find even from the highest end manufacturers here.

And let's be real, i do not know of any US or any other manufacturer selling anything close for the 29k I paid all in including tax, shipping, duties, and My permanent trailer registration here in CA ($45 for 5 years including title docs).

Again it's my experience only I am speaking for.

You sir are 100 % correct. I had to beg my us builder to provide me with updates on build and it drove me crazy.

Didn't mean to get all soap boxy on you.

robotfist

I have a question about the little kick out bed in the front of the trailer. I think they call it the "children's bunk". In all the videos I've seen online, the top of it does not look very taut. It looks like a ton of water would pool there during a storm. Are they just not fully extending it or pulling it tight enough in their promo videos? And is there supposed to be a pitch to it?

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 6.46.53 PM.png

Runmorun

I have a question about the little kick out bed in the front of the trailer. I think they call it the "children's bunk". In all the videos I've seen online, the top of it does not look very taut. It looks like a ton of water would pool there during a storm. Are they just not fully extending it or pulling it tight enough in their promo videos? And is there supposed to be a pitch to it?

View attachment 833555

There is a pole that goes in there to hold it up. Heres a shot of mine extended with the pole

Attachments

• 20230904_114924.jpg
    20230904_114924.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

Runmorun

To be honest it still looks like water could puddle. Have you tested it with garden hose?

There is a cover that goes over it as well as a rainfly. It is held under tension with stainless steel poles and mounts on the fron. Tested it in the rain on a trip, no pooling at all. That photo is just the front bed extended.

robotfist

Curious, did the manufacturer ever mention what the subfloor is made of? In their promo videos they mentioned that the floor was teak and needed to be oiled occasionally. I'm wondering what's under the teak. Plywood?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater