Chinese Trailer - NJStar Explorer

DFNDER

I am helping those who want to buy them, but I am not selling them personally. I have no business relationship other than as a customer who has gone through the buying process and is willing to help others so they can buy without any headaches.

I think there are 3 now since @Narrow Road Adventures recieved his as well.

I agree with not buying from people using slave labor and commiting human rights violations. I did my research, these are just overland enthusiasts like us who built their own trailer. It worked well and for 12 years they have been selling them. I have plenty of funds to buy American, but I also prefer quality over all and was very disappointed with the US market.

This fit my misson better than anything offered by a US manufacturer at the time with superior quality of build and materials. Received daily build updates and documentation of my build, something I don't think you will find even from the highest end manufacturers here.

And let's be real, i do not know of any US or any other manufacturer selling anything close for the 29k I paid all in including tax, shipping, duties, and My permanent trailer registration here in CA ($45 for 5 years including title docs).

Again it's my experience only I am speaking for.
I agree that at that price you can’t find anything with those features, and maybe of that quality, but there are some US makes that manufacture trailers of far higher quality than this, with far superior parts, electronics and features, albeit at much higher prices. They also offer better warranties (lifetime frame and structure for example) and fill the trailers with Victron, Truma and other components that blow away anything you’ll ever see on a Chinese trailer. If you replaced all the third rate components on this trailer, you’d easily add $20K to the price, making the bargain seem like less of a bargain. Nothing wrong with going for a lower price, but there are US and Aussi made trailers that do blow this away in terms of quality and yes cost. And the best of these are right there when you need them and communicate quite well during the build.

Runmorun

I agree that at that price you can’t find anything with those features, and maybe of that quality, but there are some US makes that manufacture trailers of far higher quality than this, with far superior parts, electronics and features, albeit at much higher prices. They also offer better warranties (lifetime frame and structure for example) and fill the trailers with Victron, Truma and other components that blow away anything you’ll ever see on a Chinese trailer. If you replaced all the third rate components on this trailer, you’d easily add $20K to the price, making the bargain seem like less of a bargain. Nothing wrong with going for a lower price, but there are US and Aussi made trailers that do blow this away in terms of quality and yes cost. And the best of these are right there when you need them and communicate quite well during the build.

A truma system would have cost 1000 more, we didn't need it. Frame is a lifetime warranty. Structure is 15 years warranty.

I am not sure how you come up with 20k. I am not claiming it's better than all, but a boat load better than the frp boxes most produce here for 3x the price. Before duties and shipping I paid under 20k, all in 28k.

A little secret for you....many companies buy all their components overseas as a complete unassembled kit to avoid duty and then just "manufacture" them in the US.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

A truma system would have cost 1000 more, we didn't need it. Frame is a lifetime warranty. Structure is 15 years warranty.

I am not sure how you come up with 20k. I am not claiming it's better than all, but a boat load better than the frp boxes most produce here for 3x the price. Before duties and shipping I paid under 20k, all in 28k.

A little secret for you....many companies buy all their components overseas as a complete unassembled kit to avoid duty and then just "manufacture" them in the US.

Many companies. Could you name a few?

Hey Defender and fellow FRP box owner how is your camping life going these days?

Better than the cargo trailer conversion your towing.

Someone is getting a bit pissy. I guess I started it (I think)

Well I can see how my TM could warent that moniker but I like it. But jeez Runmo it's a cargo conversion with Timbrens , artic tren windows, zamp solar, victron, big country 4x4 awning, isotherm frig , battle born, terrapod rtt, custom king size mattress, in door and out door kitchen and ramp door and wet bath that is light enough to be pulled by a lexus gx.

At least my component names are not in Chinese and I have more then 11.5" of clearance.

Also I just can't imagine very many folks would take a chance importing one of these like you did.

EPO thank you sir. You are a gentleman and a Saint. I didn't want to pull the Abi card but that ramp door access and wet bath were instrumental in why we choose the Trail Marker and also why the mini toyhauler/ cargo trailer looking Rigs were the only option.

That said this string is about this guy an Oregontrd journey and I got a bit critical and really deserved his response.

We all love our trailers and it is hard to take criticism. After pounding a 9 % ipa I feel bad I was so critical.

The mighty Snake River

Attachments

• 20240608_181641.jpg
    20240608_181641.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad