Collection of Trailer Builds

Drac70

my thread is really just my imgur album... http://imgur.com/a/KMIQ9

and my most current pic...

a95RSrK.jpg

Ooops

Observer
Thanks, it was a lot of fun to build. I really enjoyed the project.
Did you build the side boxes?
I was also wondering how, on this style of trailer, you get on loading and accessing gear that is stowed at the front of the trailer.
It looks like a long way to reach.

I'm curious because I'm playing around with similar designs for my own home build and going back and forth regarding dimensions and access.

Drac70

I bought the side boxes from Northern tool. I generally use storage boxes for my gear so it's not really an issue getting to the stuff in the front. I could have installed a door there but I prefer to have that space for other things. I am in the process of building a cabinet for the front side where I will permanently mount an instant hot water heater (great for showers and cleaning dishes and such).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ooops

Observer
I bought the side boxes from Northern tool. I generally use storage boxes for my gear so it's not really an issue getting to the stuff in the front. I could have installed a door there but I prefer to have that space for other things. I am in the process of building a cabinet for the front side where I will permanently mount an instant hot water heater (great for showers and cleaning dishes and such).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. What's the depth of your box front to back?
A door in the front and whether to have a lifting of fixed lid debate is where I've stalled at the moment hence all the questions.

fog cutter

Adventurer
i'm not a big fan of the swiss army knife approach, but there are some interesting elements which might be useful here:

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZvWYkzuNssM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Here our Panther Trailers Expedition Series unit that is 5'x10'. This is a 2015 model with (3) ARB awnings, ARB roof rack, ARB fridge, a front porch deck that doubles as an ATV deck, great galley, AC/Heat, with a Trimble independent axle's and 35" KM2 BFG's and lots more... We are really digging this trailer a lot.

Ben

img_2587_med_hr.jpeg

img_2601_med_hr.jpeg

img_2618_med_hr.jpeg

img_2530_med_hr.jpeg

img_2486_med_hr-2.jpeg

20150425_155345_med_hr.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater