Colonal's +Adventure Prescription+ | A Toyota 4Runner 5th Gen Story

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Thanks for the condolences, guys. I'm ready to get it fixed. I hate driving around town with it like this. With Memorial Day weekend here...I can't part with it long enough for shop to fix it. Next week, I guess.

Jackie, that thought immediately crossed my mind when I saw it. I don't know though, it probably takes like 6 months to have a CBI or Shrockworks bumper made. The majority of the repair cost will come from the lift gate. Does the insurance company write me a check for the estimated cost or do they pay the dealer directly? Also, would you recommend going to the dealer to have the body work done versus going to Cletus's Auto Body and Bar B Q?

mouse007

Explorer
Totally unrelated to the build BUT in short, my truck was backed into and was just left there for dead... :mad:

Long story: Headed down to Key West for a week long Bachelor Party. En route to KW, we stayed at a buddies house on Ramrod Key (insert all the Super Trooper jokes) to fish for a couple days. Dude's house is under construction and one of the delivery dudes had to of backed into it. The house/driveway is way too secluded for someone to just come in, crash into my car, then leave. So, we come in off the water and I go to put something in the back. This is what I find....

Untitled by crr1116, on Flickr

All in all, the trip was blast...but still sucks that this deductible will have to come out of my mod budget :coffee:

OHHH...!!! No es bueno man, suks..!! Hope she gets fixed soon.

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
does the refrigerator cooler take up a lot of space? its on my wish list

I have a 50qt and it takes up nearly half the cargo area. I need to build a drawer/storage system for the rest of the Runner for better use of space. The fridge takes up no more space than a similar sized cooler...only problem is, you need to give the fridge 3" on the back and sides for room to breath. Also, ARB recommends not storing anything on top of the fridge....unlike a cooler where you can throw anything on top. My solution to adding the fridge was adding a Gobi rack for storage. I'll never part with my fridge, it's worth the investment and loss of storage space.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
sorry to see the damage. pita.

now that you've had the OME for a bit & everything has settled, what are your thoughts?

any more pics? ;)

btw what coil #s did you go with? (couldn't make them out in the box pic on my phone)

delivered by winged monkeys

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
sorry to see the damage. pita.

now that you've had the OME for a bit & everything has settled, what are your thoughts?

any more pics? ;)

btw what coil #s did you go with? (couldn't make them out in the box pic on my phone)

The only way to really describe the OME kit is...

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight
My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day
And we know the night is always gonna be there any way

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
and the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting

Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

Kidding...it's great. I really need to get out for another trip for some proper pics. I will post them up as soon as I can break away. The springs I used are OME2885 and OME2889. Not sure if going with the 2884s up front would've made any difference but the front is obviously stiffer. The handling characteristics are far better both on road and off road...highway speeds and bumps. I love how the 4runner looks now...especially with the 255/75s.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
hahaha just got home, read that & I'm laughing my ******** off! glad to hear your still digging it. :beer:

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
hahaha just got home, read that & I'm laughing my ******** off! glad to hear your still digging it. :beer:

Hahahahaha!!! I'm glad somebody got it. I'm definitely still diggin it. Next up, a Diehard Platinum 31m battery. I've since removed the fridge until I find the 31m on sale. The FL heat trumps the stock battery in no time. Also, I'd like to get some sliders, too. I'm leaning toward the exact BB bumpouts that you got. Do you fly fish too or just your girlfriend? I fly fish down here in FL and it's really the only way I prefer to fish now....snobby, I know ;)

m(a)ce

Adventurer
I hear ya on the battery upgrade. FL must be brutal! I'll be doing that upgrade soon enough.
gf & her pops fly fish. I've been a spin fisherman since childhood but just started on the fly.
I think it may become a problem...a very expensive problem.
Be careful we may come visit you for a fishing expedition!

Colonal Angus

Adventurer
Yeah man...fly casting for tailing redfish is an amazing thing. We miss out on the snook, permit and bonefish but we do have a cobia and tarpon season here in north Florida. Beginning in August, we get flood tides that flood the grass flats. Redfish, sheepshead and black drum will get into the flooded flats and just have an all out assault on the fiddler crabs. Tails and backs out of water and you can literally walk (i should say stalk) up within casting distance and sight cast to them with a crab fly....BOOM, it's on!

We have a cabin in McCall, ID that we go to at least once a summer/fall and we'll get after some rainbows, cutthroats and brownies.

I'm pumped about fall coming...

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Oh my goodness that sounds amazing! wow talk about fun times.

It's understandable to be stoked for fall!

We visited Charleston earlier in the year and went redfishing. Was suppose to be a fly trip but the wind was rough. Still get a bunch and would definitely do it again and target others in the salt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete