COLORADO CAMPER VAN LLC-**Do business at your own risk**

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Mods...lock this dang thread. Lock this crap down...

For crap sakes.

There is far too much trolling.

via pyramid energy waves.

nobodyhome

Adventurer
Yeah well people keep spouting off, trying to pick a fight to get the thread locked, bury the truth..... nice try.
#yuppiedingdongamatures

Jb1rd

Explorer
Enough is enough already!!

I have stayed quiet on this issue because it has been a complete and utter ********-show and then thought to myself, "what a relief, they finally came to a resolution" unfortunately it seems that some folks just can't leave well enough alone, and after visiting the shop today and seeing the van in question I feel compelled to say that the most vocal people on this thread have no clue as to what they are talking about. Obviously I did not see the van when it left the shop (this is squarely on the shoulders of TS and CCV and should have been gone over with a fine tooth comb before leaving the shop)but seeing it the day after it arrived back from Cali I saw nothing that would cause this much concern and BS, the cosmetic imperfections were VERY minor and would have easily been taken care of had the owner gotten the roof paint matched, not sure about the "auguring" of the lift mechanism, just looked like a loose bolt that was the culprit, again not rocket science and the lift action was no different than the other vans that they showed and demonstrated. (In all fairness to TS Derek should have stepped up and came to this conclusion long ago, but then again some people will never be satisfied, however, not knowing TS I can not make that judgement call) I spent a solid 2 hours at the shop after dropping in unannounced and every person there was courteous and professional and the quality of the work being implemented was impressive especially given the limited space they are working with, having been a small/med sized business owner (50 employees working in high end personal and retail contracting) in a fabricating environment, I know what it means to reliably turn out superior products even when it comes at your own detriment to do so, there is a precarious spot you get to when you make that transition from budding business to being the established go to, it is usually what makes or breaks most independent small business and can be H311 to navigate. It looks to me as though they (CCV) will be just fine, growing pains, yes, but if they keep up the work I saw today they will be just fine!! In the end I was impressed enough to get a hard quote and will be sending my deposit in as soon as I get back home. I do hope that he moderators shut this thread down, yes there is a place for "helpful" reviews/insights but this has just turned into mud slinging and at the end of the day we are still a fairly small community of people enjoying the same thing and we should be striving to lift one another up, not dragging each other down.

1der

Observer
Ah, Nobodyhome with not a single bit of first hand knowledge of the truth. Keep looking for the light (or the truth further down in this post)

If you actually would have taken the time to see in person what happened, what the "true" circumstances were, their progression, and outcome, I am still not sure it would register as truth in the single dark and dank troll that is "nobodyhome".

Oh, a tidbit of truth to go to sleep to (trolls do sleep, yes?), but for the rest of the rational people:

The Safari van actually looks pretty nice and is going to make someone a very nice rig. There are no cracks in the top, the list of blemishes are cosmetic and easily taken care of with a matching paint job which should have been done in the first place instead of white gel coat. Bronze painted top on a nice bronze van would/ will look sharp. But even as it was, nearly all of the blems sanded out of the white gel coat in minutes. The operation of the top is smooth and even, no skewing at all. The "auguring bolt" was a loose nut on the bolt, it was not "auguring", it was just loose, it also happens to be on the side that was skewing in TS's shot. Lights work fine. If TS (and prior owners) maintained the van mechanically, it will be a solid rig for the new owner.

Somewhere in this whole mess the issues that TS had were fixed before it left his hands, however, he still wanted out of his van. So be it, for whatever reason he had. CCV and TS reached an agreement to resolve and they are on their respective paths moving forward.

Some things could have been handled differently by both sides, but no where do I see any basis for the ridicule and gang mentality that took place on this thread. Many here need to take a VERY deep look at why they jumped on this with such vehamence and without any regard to the "three sides" of this situation and with NO first hand knowledge. "Just Hang the Guy" mentality based on what one person said. I am disgusted at the callous disregard for some common decency and consideration for seeking the truth.

CCV does really nice work and has a great product in their tops. They also make mistakes just like so many of the semi custom van shops (ever looked behind the curtain of an SMB?). They also step up to make things right as they did here, and as others have posted their experiences as well.

Anyone who does not do their own due diligence like I did, and avoids a CCV top because of a misdirected thread like this one will have missed a great opportunity to have one of the best pop tops available today. It is simply the fact.

I have no vested interest in this other than the truth. We have owned a CCV top for over a year and are very happy with it. It has provided numerous comfortable nights for my wife and I, as well as friends who have joined us. Every single person who has seen, experienced our top is very impressed with the fit, function and look.

And for the record (unlike 95% of the posters here) I spent an hour plus inside and outside of TS's van as picked up / bought from TS. I wanted to see for myself what this hot mess was all about and specifically because I wanted to see it with my own eyes before commenting. IMHO the things listed by TS in his early posts were relatively easily fixed. I went through every single one of his listed grievances. I carefully looked for the problem he listed to see if it was still present or if it was fixed. Should he have to fix them? Of course not. But a $5,000+ fix quote was incredibly ludicrous. If one is to be super picky, a matching paint job on the top address the last remaining issue, and one could easily forego even that, if so desired. Everything else looked perfectly fixed and functional to me. And I took my own pics and videos for my record.

I am done with this thread. If you have any direct questions for me, please PM me.

Cheers.

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
ALWAYS 3 sides to every story. I wasn't a bit surprised by the lynch mob mentality displayed by some, even that by those who don't own and have never owned the product in question. Seen this many times on enthusiast sites.

Did seem to be an unusual amount of this though.

dc74b76bb57e820fe8a6a0c3e081edaf_zpstrchglpp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I saw my first CCV top in person last Sunday when I met up with some other van folks from my local area. The guy has been using it 50 nights a year for the past several years with no issues. Plus, he said they usually only stay in one place for a single night and then move. That's 2 ups and 2 downs per weekend for almost half the year for several years. Plus probably some extra ones for a dry out after rain when home and a few to show folks like me who are interested in getting one themselves. Their design is awesome! I wish more people who are happy with them (and there are a lot) would chime in to balance out the craziness of this thread. I was really impressed with the first one I saw in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL